“Highly recommend”

Hula Dog Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Hula Dog , is an unique Hawaiian experience. A baked daily, in house bun sized loaf of bread. At ordering, we Pierce and "TOAST A HOLE". We then pour in a combination of your chosen secret sauce Garlic Lemon Secret Sauce, Jalapeno Sauce, Chili Pepper Sauce or Habanero Sauce, with our Uniquely Hawaiian Relishes: Mango – Papaya – Pineapple Banana – Coconut or Star Fruit With a final complement of our Lilikoi Hawaiian Mustard or Guava Hawaiian Mustard, or standard condiments.( Garlic Pepper Cheese, Ketchup, Yellow ,Pickle or onion relish.Finally, we slide in a perfect grilled premium Polish Sausage(Or Veggie-Dog, if you prefer)If you are more traditional you will also find Yellow mustard/ Sweet Relish/ Garlic Pepper Cheese (need to try)and more.
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Went there after receiving a recommendation from a local. Hot dog was delicious, bread was very good and the mango relish was yummy. We also had the lemonade that was made fresh. Highly recommend

Reviewed August 27, 2013

D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!! I had the polish dog with white bread and mango relish and Lilikoi Mustard.... IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD! The girl that worked there was really helpful in making decisions of what to get ( since I have certain allergies). We are going back tomorrow for lunch :)!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm vegan, so when a hot dog place offers me an "option," I'm always skeptical. But this place had good reviews, so I tried it.

BEST. HOTDOG. EVER.

Seriously. I love how the bun is kind of an edible sleeping bag, where all the toppings and sauces reside cozied up against the hot dog itself.

Writing this review has made me hungry for another. Don't hesitate. Stop by. They're not cheap ($12 for a hot dog, chips and freshly-squeezed lemonade), but the quality is worth the price.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I saw this place on Travel channel a couple years ago, and I was intrigued. So finally I'm in Waikiki Hawaii I remembered this place. Found it on a map and away we went. Apon arrival I expected it to be bigger. The kid behind yhe counter was very polite and helpful. I chose my relish and he suggested the type of mustard to pair with it. 4 of us went and all 4 of us were pleasantly surprised how good it tasted. Its a few dollars more, but to us well worth it. The fresh lemonade was great. We actually got a table outside so it made it nice. The blonde girl doing the buns is kinda snobbish. But the young guy (originally from California) was very cool. Try it with the tao bacon bun. Yummmmmmy

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I read about this hot dog place and so I decided to hunt it down. It was close to the International Market. Very interesting how they toast the inside of the hollowed out hot dog bun and then add all the yummy sauces. The secret lemon sauce was very good. I couldn't decide so I just went with what the staff recommended. I definitely would recommend everyone to try this place out. A bit expensive for a hot dog, almost $7. But my fancy polish dog was worth it.