“Like visiting ohana”

Ranked #213 of 2,492 Restaurants in Honolulu
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've just returned from a trip to Honolulu and over the years I've made wonderful friends there. I always make time to stop by Hulas. Excellent service and cheerful attitudes always greet me whenever I'm in town. The bartenders for the afternoon and night are the coolest dudes you'll ever meet. Brian, Bryce, Marshall & David(with that killer smile and those eyes, lol) are always happy to see old friends and greet new ones. The daytime bartender, Justin is a total sweetheart as well. Hulas is a definite stop for anyone in Honolulu. The view is spectacular and the entertainment is great. Stop in and have a mai-tai. You won't regret it.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We went there to meet a friend (we're from out of town). It was a nice place. Open air until night when they close the gates because of the music. But the barkeeper "David" was terrible. He was very rude to us and we left right after that. I know everyone has bad days, but being nasty isn't a good way.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

go at happy hour for great drink specials

fun but small dance floor ... gets busy on weekend nights

open air makes it nice on beautiful days and nights too!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you are staying in Waikiki this bar can't get much closer. Plus you can actually see the beach (if you lean out the window) from this second floor location.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

went in mid to late afternoon to get some food and a beer. Terrible food selection and poor beer selection (I am a beer geek). DJ had the volume turned up to 11, apparently to make the light crowd think it was party time