“Be prepared to be there awhile”

SeaBreeze Water Sports
Oahu Parasailing Tour from Honolulu
$55.36*
Waikiki Banana Boat Ride
Reviewed December 17, 2013

For the most part things went smoothly, we didn’t use a shuttle and drove ourselves there without any trouble. I booked the jet-packing experience for my husband and both of us on the banana boat. All in all it was easy, my husband watched a quick video when we got there, and shortly after that we were on the shuttle boat out to the platform. The platform is just as it sounds, it’s half covered, half not, and they provide chairs for seating. You can bring your beach bag, we bought water, sunscreen, towels, it all came in handy. The staff was friendly and they got us on the banana boat within minutes, it’s more of a children’s activity but we enjoyed it. Then we had to wait for the jet pack, there was a couple they let go first, and this is a slow process, it would have made more sense to me to have my husband go first and be done with it. So we waited and waited, you can jump in the water to cool off, and if nature calls that is also only what is available to you. Finally the couple finishes but now we have to wait for the operator of the jet pack to have his lunch and smoke his cigar. For a 15 minutes jet ride it seemed silly to wait for an almost 45 minute lunch break. But whatever, finally my husband was strapped in and in the water. The jet packing experience in its self was great, but it became a long day. Following the jet packing we waited again almost 45 minutes for the shuttle boat to take us back. There they did try to sell us on pictures and video, but we declined. We weren’t allowed to bring our GoPro on the banana boat, but I was able to capture video/pictures of my husband doing the jet pack.
All in all for about 30 minutes of activity we were there for 4 hours, lucky for us it was a beautiful day, and we didn’t have any other plans besides the beach to get too. However, better scheduling is the difference whether we would be a return customer or not.

3  Thank LLTravelsinStyle

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I waited about two weeks to write this review because I was so angry at this place that I wanted to make sure I calmed down before writing a review. My wife, her sister, a family friend and I was in Oahu for a week in November 2013. This was a first visit for the sister so she wanted to do a lot of the activities in Hawaii. My wife and I sat this out because she had just had surgery earlier in the year and is still partially disabled, requiring a cane to even walk. Anyway, among the many other activities, the sister and our friend signed up for a para-sailing event at SeaBreeze Water Sports. Everything went fine with the para-sailing, the guys on the boats were very kind and professional (as I was told). I would have rated this 5-stars if things ended right here. So why the "Poor" rating? While waiting for the sister and her friend to come back from the para-sailing, my wife was waiting inside their shop. As she went to use the restroom (recall that she is disabled and walking with a cane), the Asian woman at the front counter yelled out loud at my wife, in front of everyone else in the shop, and told her that she cannot use the restroom, that the restrooms were for customers only, and there was a outhouse outside around the corner from the building that my wife could use. Really??? That's how they treat someone who's disabled? Sure doesn't seem like the friendly, welcoming Hawaiian custom that we've grown to love over our many visits to paradise.

5  Thank KentUnionCity
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our travel agent in ATL booked this activity for us. Overall, it was a good morning. Here are the highlights:
* Great to have a hotel pick-up. However, the driver was rude, at best. Was on time.
* We had a 930am parasailing time, but for some strange reason had to wait until 10am. (We arrived at 1015a, so we had to stand around for 45 minutes. Didn't like this.)
* The reception lady at the small office was barely courteous, but efficient. So far, no one made us feel like this was going to be any fun.
* Joann, the shuttle boat driver, was a HOOT. SO nice and friendly. We loved her and thanked her for making up for the dull bodies we'd encountered so far.
* The boat drivers (for the parasailing) were very nice and friendly, too. Great job. They explained everything to us and made us feel at ease. They also said that they would be taking photos and videos of us that we could buy later. (I had already made up my mind NOT to buy this extra service. READ below…. I did.) The boat guys expect a tip, so go prepared. We gave $10.
* The parasailing itself was really great. We went up high and it was very smooth sailing. The views were terrific from the bay. Great job!
* When Joann took us back to the office, I reluctantly looked at the video and photos they took of us. Unparalleled. :) Of course, I quickly paid the $50 for all photos and video. I'm glad I did. They were awesome! (Our friend Amy was in the boat trying to take photos of us with our camera, but she was tossed all over the place and the photos were not great.)
* Waiting again for the shuttle to take us back to the hotel on Waikiki. Had to wait about 45 minutes. Didn't like this wait either. However, the shuttle driver back to hotel was much better than the earlier one.

It was a good morning. Just expect some standing around time (with nothing to occupy your time).

Enjoy!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My friends booked to go parasailing through a company on the street. Picked up from our hotel on time by a lovely man who drove us to the office of H2O Sports. Unfortunately I cant remember his name. Once we got to office everyone was very friendly and organised. I didnt want to parasail but I went on the boat to observe. We were boarded on to a boat to shuttle us out to parasail boat. Willy, the shuttle driver was friendly and took great delight in speeding up just when I thought I was comfortable as he knew I was nervous about being on a boat. Provided a lot of laughs for my friends. Once we got to parasail boat, we were helped aboard by two extremely charming young men, Sean & Jourdan. They were very interactive and made my friends and I feel very comfortable.My friends are still raving about the parasailing and even though I dont like boats I had a great time. After being shuttled back to the office by Willy we were shown photos and video of the adventure and we bought one disc which included all the photos and video. Both the actual activity and the disc were very reasonably priced. Would have cost twice as much here in Australia. Everyone we came in contact with from the time we left hotel till we returned were wonderful and we couldnt have asked for more. Very friendly with cheeky senses of humour and not bad on the eye either just quietly. I would recommend them to anyone. Check them out

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Come prepared to spend half a day doing an hour's worth of activity. You arrive at your reserved time and are then ferried out to the activities platform where you will wait in the sun for your turn on the equipment. This takes forever as the main focus seems to be photographing/video recording everything for sale afterwards. While the activities themselves were fun (we did banana boat, jet ski and parasailing) the conditions were very uncomfortable (TAKE YOUR OWN WATER & SNACK TO THE PLATFORM...YOU WILL NEED THEM!!). The entire set-up left us annoyed and we have another round left to endure as we pre-paid for the Jet Pack activity for tomorrow. Live and learn; I recommend you try somewhere else.

1  Thank ronandannette