“ok but not great”
Review of Oahu Diving

Oahu Diving
Ranked #1 of 328 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: "Going diving just got easier." That's right, with Oahu Diving we specialize in small group diving tours and first time scuba diving experiences that require no license. Let us take you on a relaxed dive charter with emphasis on safety, fun and personalized attention. You won't get lost in our group! *Must know how to swim- please see our website "Contact" page for more details. Certain restrictions apply.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Oz
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“ok but not great”
Reviewed December 12, 2008

Unfortunately I did not seem to experience the same "wow" factor as other reviewers of Oahu Diving.
I booked an early morning dive (7am pick up) with Eric who arrived promptly at my hotel. A friendly and informative guy he did not accompany us for our dives that morning (wreck dive and reef dive) but rather passed our group of four onto the care of Chris, who acted like an independent "subcontractor" for various dive operators. The boat we were on was a charter and our group was but one of three.
As for the dives, the Sea Tiger wreck was fantastic, got to see some giant turtles. The second dive, a shallow reef dive was pretty disappointing. Very minimal marine life and colour.
Overall I thought Chris did a good job, I had every confidence in her, well organised, proficient, and approachable but she was not really Oahu Diving. The gear used I believed to be subpar. The wetsuit I was provided with looked as though it had been chewed by a shark and spat back out. It was also soaking wet from whoever used it the previous day. Condition of other wetsuits fared little better. Not a big deal but I expected better. The dive time for a member of our group was cut short because he had a leaky gauge and ran low on air early.
In summary I did not find the service personalised at all. My credentials as a certified diver was never questioned let alone checked. For my transfer back to the hotel I was dropped off two blocks short as Eric was running late for his next round of pick ups.
Worth while to arrange a dive while in Honolulu - just didn't find Oahu Diving exceptional.

1 Thank vegasnewboy

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canada
“Must Do at Honolulu!!”
Reviewed December 10, 2008

This was my first time scuba diving. I was excited and scared at the same time. But Erik and Jeff were really good and thorough with all the instructions and safety. Once I got in the water, it was a piece of cake! And I know that they were always keeping an eye on me, making sure that I'm safe and doing okay. A friend of mine doesn't know how to swim and he had a blast! And they took great pictures for us too!! No need to worry about bringing a waterproof camera.

Houston
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed December 9, 2008

Erik is THE guy !! This is THE company you should call first if you are looking for an awesome diving experience. I had a couple questions before scheduling a dive with them. Erik personally answered the phone, answered all my questions. I felt comfortable right then, even though it was my first dive. I was picked up from my hotel on time. The boat was comfortable, people were friendly. I was pleasantly surprised because there were 2 dives at separate locations. Swimming with the turtles was cool. Erik took bunch of pictures which he immediately emailed the next day. It was a privilege to be his first Turkish diver ! :) I strongly recommend them to the first-time divers. They are very helpful and accommodating. I had difficulty clearing the water in my goggles when we were already down a few meters. Erik came up to the surface with me, traded his goggles with mine, and we went back in again. Thx/Tesekkur/Mahalo for a great experience!

atlanta
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed December 9, 2008

If you are diving in Honolulu , Eric and his team are the best!.
I went on two trips (4 dives) and had a blast.
safety is a prirority with eric and his team. they prep everyone before going on a dive.
I forgot my gear on the boat and eric called me up and kept it safe with him for a couple of days!! ..
He even sent me pictures of turtles and fish (even if i was not in them :) )
I would defintely recommend Oahu Diving as a to do thing in Honolulu

propertyinspections
“Awesome Dives”
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Me and my wife were certified SCUBA divers from San Diego California and getting our Advanced Certification with Oahudiving.com. We spoke with several companies prior to selecting Erik Krummel with OahuDiving.com and found most of them to be rude and unhelpful. Not Erik though, he answered his phone everytime we called as through he had a smile on his face, he answered every question with confidence and professionalism.

Erik picked us up at our hotel and drove us to the boat for each dive and even took us un a night dive off the shore of Magic Island.

All of the gear provided to us was in excellent shape. Erik set it up for us and had no issues with anything being broken or not working. Erik was easy to understand under the water and let us know about the dive locations and conditions before going down. He also brought a camera to take pictures and sent them to us via email the very next day. All of our dives were accident-free and fun.

We saw so many turtles, fish, shrimp, eagle rays, and even a couple octopus.

In short, I would recomment OahuDiving.com to anybody that is getting Advanced Certified or just getting starting.

Derek Porter