“Best Scuba Diving on Oahu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oahu Diving

Oahu Diving
Ranked #1 of 322 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: "Going diving just got easier." That's right, with Oahu Diving we specialize in small group diving tours and first time scuba diving experiences that require no license. Let us take you on a relaxed dive charter with emphasis on safety, fun and personalized attention. You won't get lost in our group! *Must know how to swim- please see our website "Contact" page for more details. Certain restrictions apply.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Francisco, California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Best Scuba Diving on Oahu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2008

Erik and staff are totally worth 5 stars! I just went on a dive this past week and WOW...it was amazing!

The guys will you pick you up in Waikiki (or you can meet at Fisherman's Wharf) and you'll head over to Kewalo Basin. From there you'll board their boat with other divers of various levels, but you'll never be lost. Erik has you organized, putting your stuff away (and since we were beginner's) and walking through the breathing techniques. He didn't just tell us what to do, we actually practiced and *ALL* his tips came in handy when I was 30 ft below.

Once we got out to the site, it was quick - in the gear and out into the water. Erik told us that when we first went down, to just take it easy, give it two minutes, and relax and breathe. I needed it!

I didn't realize how nervous I was and at first, I was like, "What am I doing?!" but I gave it two minutes, relaxed and breathed and I was A-Ok. We went down a rope and before you knew it, I was in turtle heaven. I mean, come on...this was CRAZY! Turtles the size of me! I couldn't believe all the things I was seeing. Octopus, eels, tons of fishes, turtles, gorgeous reefs, caves...amazing.

Then we headed back up and made our way to the second site. The boat ride made me queasy and I found myself feeding the fishes my lunch - Erik didn't even miss a beat. He was so calm, I calmed down. He had me jump in the water, wash off, get into my gear and get back out.

When you have an instructor show confidence, is completely easy-going and can even handle queasy passengers - you're in good hands!

The second dive was even deeper and I had to really work to get down. I followed all their techniques and even when the group was going faster than me, Erik just hung back and made sure I was okay before moving on. I never felt rushed and I didn't feel like I was the slow wheel...even though I totally was.

In total, we (my husband and I) paid $114.00 for two dives and equipment. We enjoyed every second of it and got some great pictures! For $20 more they'll send you the pictures they take. We took them up on their offer and it was worth it! Our store brought camera didn't compare to their camera.

Best deal, awesome instructors and an amazing experience - guaranteed!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pacific Northwest
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Diving on Oahu....then you must dive with these guys!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2008

Just back from Thanksgiving vacation and two days of diving with these guys. I did a lot of research to find the right people to go with before signing up. Reviews like these and their website descriptions were very important. Two of us diving were open water certified and we dove both days. The other two were first timers and we wanted to have all of us dive together on that second day. This meant I needed to find just the right guys and approach. These are the right guys for everyone….go dive with them when on Oahu you will not be disappointed. The first dive with the certified divers was a wreck dive (Sea Tiger) to about 80-100 feet. Chris was our divemaster and she took great care of us. This is an awesome wreck and I recommend it very highly. Our second dive that day was a shallower reef dive with lots of living things to see. The next day when all four of us went was two reef dives (one of which was the same one we did the first day, although we explored a different part of that reef so it felt like a completely new experience). I listened to some of the orientation for the new divers and it was complete and stressed safety and having fun. Eric did this and he really has a relaxed and confident manner that put those folks at ease. The certified divers went with Jeff and the new divers with Eric so it turned out that our group did not dive as a single team. Turns out that that actually worked out better overall, however we did all get together on our way up for Eric to take and email a picture of us together (he also took a lot of pictures of those that went with his group, including some great holiday shots with a Santa’s hat!). Lots of wildlife on these dives, including turtles, a white tipped reef shark, several ocotopi (which they coaxed out of their hiding places so that each of us could hold them…really cool), and lots of different types of fish. These guys really stress and focus on safety, fun, and providing an entertaining diving experience for all. Small groups, two dives (even for first timers), and reasonable fees make this a great choice. I will recommend this to anyone who asks me about Oahu diving and I will definitely go out with them every time I go back to Oahu! Thanks again guys, this was a highlight of our vacation.

NC
“The Best Dive Company on Oahu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2008

This was my second trip with Eric. These guys have the best customer service anyone could ask for. Not only do they take you to awesome sites, they treat you like they are there for you.....not pack you in a boat and collect money. They are more concerned for your safety and having fun than seeing how many people they can pack in a boat. Also Eric will take pictures and send them to you for FREE! I called around other companies and they charge from $25 to $30 just for pictures!!!!! If you want to have fun and be in a relaxed environment....go with these guys!!! I hope to be back many times!

Prague, Czech Republic, Europe
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2008

First dive of our lives. We were afraid only a little :)) Seeing all the colorful fish swimming around us was simply fabulous. And the big sea turtles and playing with an octopus are definitely unforgettable. Next time we're gonna try night diving.

Instuctor was very nice to us, took care of everything. He is a nice person.

The best we experienced on Hawaii (we loved the weather too, of course :). Thank you Erik!

Bob + Sarka

Calgary, AB Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Cool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2008

Went diving for my first time on November 2008. I was a bit nervous and hesitant but Erik was a great instructor and made everyone feel at ease. After a quick but thorough lesson on the boat we went for our first dive where we saw a shark! and a giant turtle. And on the second dive saw a stingray and Erik also caught an octopus which we got to feel and touch! This was one of the coolest activities i'd done during my trip, I'll definitely be back again. Thanks Erik!!