“Great dive company for first time divers”
Review of Oahu Diving

Oahu Diving
Ranked #1 of 335 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: "Going diving just got easier." That's right, with Oahu Diving we specialize in small group diving tours and first time scuba diving experiences that require no license. Let us take you on a relaxed dive charter with emphasis on safety, fun and personalized attention. You won't get lost in our group! *Must know how to swim- please see our website "Contact" page for more details. Certain restrictions apply.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Went with my partner who is a certified diver but hasn't been in a while so he needed a refresher. Erik was leading the dive and was very friendly and helpful. Safety came first and he made everyone feel at ease. Went to two dive sites great for beginers and had a great time. I would recommend this company to anyone keen to try diving for the first time. The photos that Erik took and emailed to everyone were great. Its nice to not have to pay excessive amounts for photos.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,046)

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I got to accomplish everything I wanted to do and see during my first scuba dive. Erik, our instructor, was friendly, informative, and helpful. I was a bit nervous about not doing any training in a pool before the actual dive, but Erik is a great teacher and everyone on the boat had a ton of confidence before they actually stepped off into the water. All of the photos were done for free and overall it was a great value!

1  Thank evans387
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Having flown all 16 hours to get to Hawaii was an experience in itself so finding a reputable dive company was a must. Based on TripAdvisor this seemed to be one of the most popular dive companies in Oahu and now I know why. Communication by email was answered swiftly and all information was both clear and informative.
Yes they only accept cash and the meeting point is at a restaurant that was once open maybe in the 80's but once Carina arrived in her van, you knew everything was gonna be alright. :)

We driven to the boat which literally which took no more than 2 minutes and were introduced to the Erik and Captain Dan. Erik was a top guy, very professional and really down to earth. We were a group of 4 in all, with different levels of experience. Dan was chilled and helped us with gear and helped us getting off and on the boat. We were provided the fundamental skills of diving and all questions were answered. All the gear was set up for both dives, so all so all we had to do was get into our wet suits and flippers, fasten everything and off you went. There was no fussing around and time wasting. It really does feel a small company and I think that's what makes it stands out from the competition, it has that close friendly atmosphere and this puts you at ease especially for the first time diver. Saw 2 large turtles as well as reef sharks and moray eels as well as tons of various fish and coral. The 2 dives were very unhurried and everything felt very relaxed and safe and you never felt like just another customer. Erik took some great pictures which was sent to my email the same day. He then sent the high resolutions a couple of days after. The dive is value for money.
My cousin on the trip who had never dived couldn't overcome her fears this time but Eric was very calm and patient with and tried his up most best to cure her nerves. He felt bad and offered for her to do it again at a discounted price. Unfortunately due to time constraints she couldn't go again, but she vowed to use Oahu diving on her return. This just how much compassion and understanding they have.

All in all If you are going diving in Oahu these are the people to call. Worth every penny. Thanks folks. A cup of tea, crumpets and scones on its way...

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Although a certified diver, I went out with the beginner's dives in the afternoon. Dive Master Erik and Captain Keillii were very professional and patient with the 5 of us on the trip. They pointed out sea life at two different dive sites. I would certainly dive with them again. Erik even took some pictures during the dive which was a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Eric was fun, cool, responsible and very knowledgable of the dive sites there. We had great times diving on the day we touched down from airport.

We will definately recommend anyone to go with them.