“Amazing!!!”
Review of STRIPSTEAK Waikiki

STRIPSTEAK Waikiki
Ranked #5 of 2,147 Restaurants in Honolulu
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Description: STRIPSTEAK Waikiki is the modern American Steakhouse remixed, remade, and reinvented with a unique blend of Asian influence and the signature Chef Michael Mina flair. An evocative, inventive, and highly curated menu offers guests the best seafood, foie gras, and of course signature cuts of premium steaks in all of Waikiki. Located on the 3rd floor Grand Lanai in the International Market Place, STRIPSTEAK Waikiki is where the sun and sand meet sizzling satisfaction offering the perfect dining experience after a day in paradise. Guests will also enjoy the seasonal, ever-evolving menu featuring locally sourced ingredients and global flavors.
Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been to many restaurants .... it’s kind of what we do and how we travel. I can say that, if not the very top, it was indeed in the top 3 restaurants we’ve been to, in ambience, food, and overall experience. They made our five year anniversary amazing. A-5 Waygu, Salmon, and Duck Fat Fries. Amazing experience and amazing waitress.

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank Daniel N

Reviewed August 26, 2019

Stripsteak was a great restaurant for us. We were a party of 8 adults and 4 children, two of them toddlers. The staff were very courteous and helpful and went out of their way to accommodate our every need, particularly with a troublesome 2 year old. The food was excellent and served quickly. The prices were average in accordance with Hawaii pricing. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and visit again.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank CathieMazzone
Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is a little difficult to find, being on the third floor of the building. Also note that the restaurant is very open and most seating is outdoors. We were seating next to a family with several children that were allowed to run obnoxiously through the restaurant. This is more bad parenting and not considered in the overall review, but I would have expected the manager to have said something to them.

Service was good but I could never figure out who our server was. About three severs were constantly coming to our table. Our drink order was entered incorrectly and it took them quite some time to correct it. Again I had to notify two different servers.

The biggest disappointment was the food. We ordered two dry aged KC strips, one medium rare the other well done. Neither steak was prepared correctly. The medium rare was over cooked to medium well state (some pink) and the well done was undercooked (still containing pink). I sent my steak back to be recooked which took about 10 minutes. This allowed the sides we had ordered to become cold. The steak the returned with was cooked to a rare state and was extremely tough. While I would probably disregard this at some restaurants, this restaurant charges $76, so I feel at this price point you should get a steak that is properly prepared. I was also surprised they did not offer to comp some of the price for their mistakes, though I did not ask and I paid the bill in full (and tipped because the waiters should not be punished for a bad chef).

Overall I believe this restaurant is overpriced for quality of food and service could be improved.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank Joshua K
Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

Our party of 7 were fortunate to be seated outside in the open air. From the moment we sat down the service was fantastic til the moment we left. Menu was explained and then we ordered. First they bring out their hot chips with different sauces, they were so good. I ordered the chicken dish and it was exceptional. Along with an assortment of side dishes the food was spot on. Everyone at the table thoroughly enjoyed their meals and it was a great night. This restaurant came recommended and I would pass that on.

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank sun4oz
Reviewed August 3, 2019

We had been once before on Valentines Day, prefix menu, and it was good. So, we had to go back, and it was great.

Date of visit: July 2019