“A Great Motorcycle Shop”

Big Kahuna Motorcycle Tours and Rentals
Ranked #138 of 308 Outdoor Activities in Honolulu
Milan, Il
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A Great Motorcycle Shop”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I rented a Harley Street Glide from Big Kahuna and had a great time. The negative reviews are bs so ignore them because my experience was nothing but positive. There are certain things they have to go over that are no different than what you get at a car rental place. Do at least the 24hr rental and be ready for some spectacular views and sweet places to stop along the way. O'ahu has some of the best coastal views that you'll ever find anywhere period. The rates are fair and the rental process and drop off is simple. They also had a very cool selection of Harleys and BMWs. I didn't really notice the rest. Thanks a lot Big Kahuna!

1 Thank Jamie W

Taupo, Waikato, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big ups to Big Kahuna......”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We contacted Larry about hiring Harleys to tour around Oahu . Because it had been sometime since my wife & I had ridden bikes ( 25 + yrs ) we opted for the 4 hr " Captains Tour" ( riding as pillion passengers )

Larry couldn't have been more accommodating with our needs and along with Doug , gave us a very safe and thrilling ride, taking us to places that we would never have found on our own, while making us feel very comfortable.

Thanks guys for a wonderful day we will never forget...... what a rush !! :-)

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Bruce C
Thornleigh, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First Class Service”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have been dealing with Larry Valle for 8 years and there is nothing he won't do to make your hire of a motorcycle, moped or push bike dead easy with maps to guide you, what a better way to see the island.

Visited August 2012
Franklin, TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Be VERY Careful”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

BE VERY VERY CAREFUL. We rented at Big Kahuna several years ago. Had a great experience. One of the scooters was even brand new, never ridden. BUT YOU MUST BE CAREFUL!!!

When the day was done and we returned the scooters, they told us they were withholding our deposit because of damages to one of the scooters. I was incredibly upset. We argued and argued and I threatened to dispute the credit card bill. Eventually they relented and gave us our deposit back and then they showed us why they believed we tipped the scooter and damaged it.

Although, we never tipped the scooter ourselves, the evidence of the tipping was indisputable. I believe that the scooter was tipped while we were touring the volcano. The parking personnel had us park with all the other scooters and I believe another tourist knocked ours over while trying to get back on their own scooter. So my advice for those who rent scooters is NEVER, EVER PARK NEAR OTHER PARKED SCOOTERS. Someone else will knock yours over and then you will be responsible for damages.

Also, be sure to mark all damages BEFORE you rent the scooters. If you tip it, they will try to ding you for all of the previous damages. That was part of my argument with them because one of the mirrors was falling off of the old scooter when I first got on it and then at the end of the day they said it was caused by the tipping. I should have noted it at the time of rental.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank nak15
Margate City, New Jersey
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Husband's Second Time Using Big Kahuna Motorcycles...Awesome”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband rented a motorcycle from Big Kahuna in January of 2012. The experience was so great he was pumped for his trip the second time around in August 2012. He had 8 hours on a Harley Davidson and toured Oahu biker style for a reasonable price. Larry runs the place and does it with style as did the female employee we first dealt with. There were plenty of motorcycles to choose from and the staff made sure he got the bike he wanted. He chose a soft tail deluxe. The staff assisted him with mapping out comfortable cruising routes for sightseeing around the island. They gave simple, yet clear and helpful tips on the use of the bike so he could be off on his way in no time. He came back safe and sound with lots og great memories. It is a must do for a biker enthusiast. Larry is GREAT!

Visited August 2012