“Surfing lesson & rental” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Star-Beach-Boys

Star-Beach-Boys
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Surfing lesson & rental”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a group of three surfing lesson, was good. Rented a couple of boards, they where wrecked rentals. Prices fair enough.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rude rude rude. Stay away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Shorted us on our outrigger canoe ride. Was promised 3 waves we only got 2 with no explanation. My 11 year old son was told he could not paddle, after we were already on the canoe. The so called captain yelled at us to paddle like we just signed up for the navy. No pre briefing on what to even do. When we finished my girlfriend inquired at the sign in tent that we only got 2 waves. The young kid was rude, interrupted her and basically told her it happens. They then confessed that they were short on captains and were using ones from big wave Dave's and they tend to be more rude in their approach. Nevertheless was not acceptable. They returned our money with great hesitation. Felt they are a bit shady and that its about getting the tourists money and not providing a service. These rides are a dime a dozen on the beach. Find one with a high rating to avoid this type of hassle.

3 Thank Kurt D
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Surfing Lessons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My boss recommended Yellow Cap Mike & the beac boys near the Police sub-station as the place for my nieces to learn how to surf. They are having a great time! A quick but thorough group lesson on the beach & then they have been out in the water with their instructor catching waves! My boss was right!

Edmonton, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Glad I Went”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had a great experience with these guys. My mother and I booked private lessons each ($75pp) and went on the same time. I had Mikey as an instructor and my mother had Tony. I was pretty nervous to go because I was not a strong swimmer but they were really easy going, patient, and fun (highly recommend those two). They even got my mom and I on one board surfing. Also the pics were awesome!

A couple days later I rented a board from these guys ($10 before 8am for two hrs) to practice. I was a little apprehensive since I didn't have an instructor with me thus my timing on poping up on the board was off so I kept falling but at least I tried and know what to work on. Met up with Tony later on the beach and told him and he kindly offered to take us out again with him for $40pp. I thought that was really nice of him but unfortunately we had plans already.

Word of advise--go out early, they will be less people in the water. Waikiki can get pretty busy!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dee_Lovely88
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unfriendly staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Although the staff are around to watch the gear they are not there to make sure you are enjoying your experience. The gentleman who took our money never even turned around to point out which equipment belonged to them so we basically had to ask random passers by what we should use.

Admittedly, I had not paddle boarded before and made several mistakes with the equipment that experienced riders would not have made. Nevertheless, I likely wouldn't have made these mistakes if anyone inquired if I had ever touched a paddle board in the first place. Lazy yet condescending staff do not get repeat business from me.

Visited May 2013