“A Tour within a Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
USS Arizona Memorial And USS Missouri Group Tour from Waikiki
Ranked #4 of 318 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: The Battleship Missouri Memorial is open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during the summer months (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. the rest of the year). General admission, which includes choice of an optional tour, is $25 per adult and $13 per child (4-12). Military, kama'aina (local resident) and school group pricing is available.The Battleship Missouri Memorial, located a mere ship's length from the USS Arizona Memorial, completes a historical visitor experience that begins with the "day of infamy" and the sinking of the USS Arizona in Pearl Harbor and ends with Imperial Japan's unconditional surrender aboard the USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay.Following an astounding career that spans five decades and three wars, from World War II to the Korean conflict to the Liberation of Kuwait, the "Mighty Mo" was decommissioned and donated to the USS Missouri Memorial Association, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which operates the battleship as a historic attraction and memorial. The Association oversees her care and preservation with the support of visitors, memberships, grants and the generosity of donors.
Hobart, Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Tour within a Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

You need to set plenty of time aside for this one place. As it is a big ship and there is a good walking tour available to everyone by volunteers which is extremely informative.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
UK
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Interesting but too expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Unfortunately when we visited Honolulu in October, Pearl Harbour was shut but the Missouri was open for business so we decided to visit.

First I think the price is too high. We paid $22 for the visit but no one told us we could have audio tours which actually we would have liked, some people were on a tour but I have no idea why they were and we weren't. Anyway we wandered around this interesting boat on our own. We had also paid extra for the Heart of the Missouri Tour which was more interesting I thought but another $25 each. At the end of the tour, our guide who was okay but not fabulous virtually asked us for a tip. I know we are in the US and tips are normal but I think visitors should be allowed to make up their own mind as to whether the guide had earned a tip. So again more money. The cost is mounting up! We also had to queue up to have our photo taken at the entry to the Missouri, we had no intention of buying this so really a waste of time. I didn't even ask how much the photo was as I thought it would be expensive but now I have read in tripadvisor that it costs $35! At the end of our History of the Missouri Tour, our guide told us to go to the desk by the gangplank and they would give us a bottle of water. We went and I asked for the bottle of water - we had been on the ship for about 3 hours and it was hot. Initially I was told I had to go onto the shore and buy a bottle. And then when I said that our guide had said they would supply us with one, the man said he hadn't seen our special badge and of course we could have one. After all the money we had spent on the tour and they are quibbling over a bottle of water! And finally the coach took us to the museum (Pacific Aviation Museum) and I discovered it cost another $20 for the museum. My son really wanted to go so he alone paid and went in.

I have mixed feelings about the Misssouri, I wanted to go and I am glad I did and I also think it is important that these historical sites are kept open for the public to vist but the prices are too high. I have visited historical sites all over the world but I don't think I have ever felt so ripped off as I did with this site.

2 Thank suquie
BattleshipMissouri, Public Relations Manager at Battleship Missouri Memorial, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and thank you for your honest review. While we understand your visit to the Mighty Mo has already passed, we wanted you to be aware that four tour options are included with your admission ticket. They include a 35-minute guided tour by one of our trained tour guides, an acoustiguide tour, Guide2Go iPod tour and self-guided option. We apologize that you were not made aware of these options with the purchase of your ticket. We also agree that tipping should be left up to the guest based on their experience, and enforce a strict no tipping policy at the ship. This is something that will be looked in to. We hope that you can find some comfort in knowing that the Battleship Missouri Memorial is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Money from ticket sales go directly back in to the preservation of this historic artifact. We thank you for your visit.
Perth, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Really good and I'm a girl..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Cher did "that video" on that ship. Its huge, massive and narrow through parts. It was a very hot day and I was feeling it. Its easy to pass out or faint if you dont keep your fluids up.

Hollywood, CA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great Visit, But Careful Where You Step!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Mighty Mo is a gorgeous battleship - the site of the Japanese Surrender that ended WWII. There are guided and self-guided tours available, but be careful! There is a lot of climbing over door entries and stepping down into the rooms themselves, as well as climbing up and down ladders with small steps. Though it does have some handicap accessibility, not all of it is. A great way to end your visit to the USS Arizona.

Adelaide, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Well worth the visit but don't bother with the audio machine with this one. It's a massive and heavy unit whereas the other places are smaller and easier to use.

Visited October 2013

Been to Battleship Missouri Memorial? Share your experiences!