“Oh WOW what a great time we had!”
Review of Hale Koa Luau

Hale Koa Luau
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had the best time here, in fact this was one of the best days in Honolulu, the food was superb and the show was terrific and the Mai Tai's were awesome, all 14 of them!

4  Thank John-RVer-from-GA
"buffet line"
in 7 reviews
"military families"

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Being frequent Hawaii visitors we have attended lots of Luaus. This first time at Hale Koa Luau has us recommending to our friends. Not a big drunken party like Germaines, this place is clean, classy, entertaining. Host and dancers all top notch. Loved the free pre luau activities!! Price great as they give hugely discounted rates for children 17 and under. Also nice to be able to walk not drive, to our room.

5  Thank zktraveler
Reviewed March 26, 2013

WOW, this show was exceptional! We loved it. We had a front row table on the second tier and it was wonderful. My husband and I and our granddaughter went to it. They served a buffet dinner which was fantastic, and our granddaughter, who is a very picky eater, went back for seconds. It is a family of magicians, the Mark Allen Mauricio family, who are just fantastic. Mark Allen had noticed that our granddaughter was first in line waiting (very excited) as he was carrying things in and came to our table to do some tricks. He also visited other tables. They are a very personable family, meet and greet guests after the show as well, and I would highly recommend this magic show to anyone visiting Hawaii.

5  Thank Betty W
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We sat at Table 58. It was central but too far back. The rep said that Tables 38 and 48 were blocked by pillars so this was our best choice of what was left for 3 guests. She said the seating was terraced but there was 3 rows of (10-12 people at a table?) and that everyone could see the show. Table 58 was in the second row of the furthest section and there was a table behind us. I had trouble seeing past the guy in front of me w/ his video camera taping the whole thing. Tables are sideways not facing the stage. I sat in the first seat so think everyone else at my table had trouble seeing past me! I definitely felt sorry for the table behind us!!
Cost is $50. per adult, my 13 yr old was $15.
Now to the show... They give everyone a lei made of small seashells not the flower lei I was expecting!! Grounds are beautiful. Get our picture taken upon arrival. ($15. to buy) The guys all have six pack abs and the gals are gorgeous! They offer you Mai-tai w/ and w/out alcohol. We stood in lines to make a lei bracelet for me. A braided headband made from palm?, kids could get temp tattoos, I stood in line to twirl the 'balls on string'- fun, takes a bit of coordination. Saw how to climb a palm tree. All very relaxed, entertaining and fun.
They do a presentation of taking the pig out of the pit and showing everyone.(But if you stay too long at this- you forfeit first dibs on the best place at your table!)
Food started w/ vegetable side dishes. Don't ask me what those were! Obviously hawaiian. Meat was quite abundant on the second course. Recognized fish, chicken, pork, fried banana. Again, didn't recognize all the food. I ate it all! Dessert was coconut cake and some kind of gelatin cake. I did not leave hungry.
The show host was wonderful. Sang beautifully. All the dancers were delightful. They went thru the dancing history of Tahiti, NZ, Samoa, Polynesia, etc... They do a 'stand up if it's your birthday' this month so we did. Also acknowledge longest married (66 yrs!-wow!) How to do the hula and how to tie the traditional outfits the young ladies wore. I missed the fire show and last 20 mins of the show (my work sched was due in less than an hour) but was great my son said.
The show almost 3 hours- 5:30pm - 8:30pm. Book early if you can for the best tables and view! Get a seat map first-Enjoy.

9  Thank Momplayinghookie