“Fabulous trip of movie/tv locations with spectacular scenery”

Hummer Tours Hawaii
Ranked #153 of 335 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Hummer LOST, Movie and TV Show Tours conducted on the island of Oahu, Hawaii, USA. Specialize in small group and private tours. Minimum number to reserve a tour is 2 and maximum capacity is 6. Specialized tours and multiple Hummers available for larger groups.
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We actually did the tour in Oct 2010 and had a terrific time. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and friendly and we saw many awsome sights. I recommend this trip to anyone and especially those movie / TV buffs. The scenery was beautiful.

There are newer reviews for Hummer Tours Hawaii

Reviewed December 20, 2011

The 5 hour Hummer off road movie set tour is a must do when you stay at Waikiki. Not only was it fun, but insightful. The driver was better than great for a guide. He was very knowledgeable of the area. I would rate him a ten! With my wife and kids on the tour we were all happy with what we saw and how we were treated by the driver. Didn't mind tipping this guy. It was a great time. I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed April 12, 2009

I really wish I could delete the review I posted earlier, before the owner (Ed) got back to me and went out of his way to accommodate us.

Ed personally escorted us on the tour, and it was great. Particularly interesting to LOST fans, a subject Ed was very knowledgeable on. We saw more LOST film sites than I can mention, and Ed really helps bring the scenes to life with 8x10 photos of the scenes for you to compare and contrast against what you're looking at.

For several of the movies, he also has DVD movie footage that he will show of the various scenes shot on the Kualoa Ranch, which also put things easily into perspective.

We really enjoyed this tour, and want to say we highly recommend it for movie fans and those who can't get enough of LOST!

DO THIS TOUR!

Ed, if you read this, I apologize for my initial review after I was disappointed (before you called me back after I emailed you about being disappointed in not being able to go). I wish I could retract it, but TripAdvisor doesn't seem to have a way for me to do so.

1  Thank Preds1
Reviewed February 25, 2009

We are fans of the TV show "Lost" and knew that the show was filmed on Oahu but we did not discover this tour until we got to the island. The tour was almost sold out but the owner went out of his way to make sure we were included. The trip was great, in spite of the rain (which almost made it more fun - the Hummer did great climbing the mountain in the slippery mud).
Our driver, Jeff, was very knowledgeable about the various movies that had been filmed in the area. He had wonderful stories about the filming of "Lost" but he was careful not to reveal any secrets about upcoming episodes. During the tour, he shows film clips on a DVD player in the Hummer, then takes you to the locations. He was wonderful about taking pictures of us and the other couple on the tour (and very patient with our older camera). He took some great shots of us playing Hurley's golf course ("Lost" fans know exactly what this is about).
Even if you are not a TV or movie fan, the scenery is breathtaking and worth the price of the tour.

2  Thank Coastal-Travelers
Reviewed April 19, 2008

We stopped by the Kualoa Ranch in Oahu on our way to the North Shore since we had read about the ranch in the guidebook, Oahu Revealed. When we arrived the tours we wanted started later than we liked, we saw a flyer for Hummer Tours and it looked pretty cool, it was a 2 hour movie set tour through the ranch. The tour was a lot of fun thanks to our very informative and entertaining guide, Jeff. In our tour we had a total of 5 people so that worked okay and provided an intimate setting rather than some huge tour bus. Throughout the tour Jeff would stop at a site and play a DVD from the movie that was filmed in that particular location so you would have a reference of what you were looking at.
We are fans of the TV series LOST which does a lot of filming around the ranch so he focused the tour on LOST and made it really involved. Jeff would take pictures of us and made it a good time.

I would recommend this to anyone who is a LOST fan!

3  Thank KingHuskey