“Pearl Harbor a sight to visit”

Pearl Harbor / WW II Valor in the Pacific National Monument
Ranked #2 of 341 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A 184-foot memorial honoring the 2,388 Americans who died during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We visited Pearl Harbor, USS Arizona and USS Missouri during a recent visit to Hawaii. We tried to obtain tickets online from USgovernment.org, but due to government cutbacks the hours have been shortened from 8-1 instead of 8-8, thereby reducing the number of free tickets. We were told that we probably could still obtain tickets if we showed up early enough, but didn't want to chance that. We ended up purchasing tour tickets(apparently tour operators can get tickets when the general public can't). The tour included pickup at our hotel, and guided tour to Pearl Harbor, USS Missouri, USS Arizona and the Punchbowl. I am glad we purchased the tickets since we went on our second day there and were not familiar with the highways even though it was easy to get there, we had a great tourguide who was able to point out things that we would have never noticed if we had driven ourselves. The two teenage boys on the tour with us were very impressed with the history that was made in Pearl Harbor and was something that should not be missed if you get a chance to go.

3  Thank David_MCordova
Write a ReviewReviews (11,088)
All reviews
in 593 reviews
"war"
in 566 reviews

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Another great place to honor the fallen and the attack upon Pearl. Very nicely done and worth the visit. This is a must see for all Vetrans.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

A lot of money was spent on this tourist attraction and the history side was quite informative. My husband loved all the planes and submarines. I was disappointed that there was very little on the woman's view of the event. Everywhere we went US exploits at war were glorified and some had nothing to do with this exhibition. It got quite embarrassing when a group of 40 Japanese Naval Officers came on tour as Exhibits basically bragged how they beat the Japanese.

1  Thank wombat05
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Luckily the museum and grounds are interesting because you may not get tickets to the USS Arizona Memorial if you don't get them ahead of time (thanks Congress and President Obama).
We had 2 families with 6 kids total. We were given 4 tickets. I had been with my wife before so 4 of the 6 kids were going to get to go. Just before their reservation time I inquired if 2 more had opened up to allow all 6 kids to go over, The nice gentleman gave us 2 more so they could all go. Not much impresses my 4 children but the memorial did, so I am grateful they were able to get over there.

1  Thank Familytravelers6_11
See more reviews
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was in Honolulu in April 2013, while there we booked a tour to Pearl Harbor. However you plan to see Pearl Harbor, it is a must see. History the family can actually touch. it's very sad though, but well worth the trip. I paid for a tour via hotel pick up and return, so i don't know what (if any) the fee is at the gate.

1  Thank mimi b

Travelers who viewed Pearl Harbor / WW II Valor in the Pacific National Monument also viewed

Been to Pearl Harbor / WW II Valor in the Pacific National Monument? Share your experiences!