“Somber reminder”

Honolulu Double Decker Sightseeing Tour Including Pearl Harbor
Ranked #1 of 328 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A 184-foot memorial honoring the 2,388 Americans who died during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
Gilbert, Arizona
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Somber reminder”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

It was very windy on Veteran's Day and they advised us that they might have to close the tour to the Arizona. So if you go please keep in mind that weather conditions affect the ability to go out to the memorial. Because it was so windy the sailor's tears or oil was coming up from the ship in great amounts. It was an honor to be there on Veteran's day and visit both the start of WWII for us, and the Mighty Mo, the end of WWII for us. Do go!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“An Amazing Experience”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

On our recent trip to Hawaii, my wife and I were fortunate enough to visit Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona memorial. Our shuttle to the memorial was full. When we got off the shuttle, it became surprisingly quiet. To see parts of the Arizona and all of the names on the back wall of the memorial, it was very humbling. It was very difficult to imagine all that happened on Dec. 7. Before going on the shuttle, we fortunate enough to meet a gentleman who survived Pearl Harbor. He was 96 years of age. To listen to him was truly amazing.

Sydney
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A must do while in Hawaii!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I did a half day tour to Pearl Harbour. The half day tour through Roberts Tours was just enough to visit the memorial if you don't want too take an entire day. The tour was specific to the USS Arizona Memorial as well as the museum displays at Pearl Harbour.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"must do"”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

one of the most important thing to do in hawaii and is free. is a solemn experience buy tou are able to learn and undestand the historic.

Visited December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Moving”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had previously considered seeing the memorial during my visit last June, but since the online tickets were all reserved weeks prior to my visit, I didn't attempt it. For this November visit, I was able to reserve an 8:00 am Wednesday online ticket. According to the ticket instructions, I was required to claim the ticket an hour prior to the tour time, targeting a very early arrival of 7 am, with rush hour traffic to boot. But on the spur of the moment, my friend suggested we go around noon on Tuesday, and see what happens. So we showed up at 10:50, parked, and went to the ticket window (no line), where we were handed two tickets for the 11:30 tour. This experience has left me questioning all the time I spent online searching for an open tour time, and certainly makes me grateful I didn't take the 8:00 am option. The memorial itself is top notch, and very moving. If you're only going to be on Oahu for 4 days or less, I'm not sure I'd recommend, as there's so many other things to try to cram into such a short visit, but for those with the time, it's a great experience.

1 Thank pepsinext

Been to USS Arizona Memorial? Share your experiences!