“Arizona Memorial is a Must See!”

USS Arizona Memorial
Honolulu Double Decker Sightseeing Tour Including Pearl Harbor
Ranked #1 of 331 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A 184-foot memorial honoring the 2,388 Americans who died during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was deeply touched by seeing Pearl Harbor and tahe Arizona Memorial. I was born 2 years after the bombing, so my daddy enlisted in the USN, was trained at Great Lakes to be a radioman on a submarine. Fortunately, he saw no combat and came home when I was 2 years old. I've always been very proud of him for enlisting and being willing to serve on a ship. Standing where history was made in Dec. 1941, made me feel connected to all the persons involved and those who perished. God help us remember this and not repeat history!

1  Thank ckmiller66
There are newer reviews for USS Arizona Memorial

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Guide sucked. The attraction was good. Note this is gps address for attraction.

1  Thank shethju
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The USS Arizona Memorial, makes you appreciate that we live in such a great country.
The thought of losing so many of our soldiers is heart breaking. This visit will put it in perspective. This is a must see stop and it was very well planned out to show visitors the magnitude of what took place that day in history.
It also will make you aware of the character they had in those days. We need more of that today.

2  Thank travelgirl39604
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My family and I went to this attraction when visiting Honolulu in June this year. We had booked several attractions through the resident agent at our hotel, Embassy Suites. We were advised to have an early start to the day, join the bus which was to take us to Pearl Harbor so as to make sure we had tickets and did not have to wait too long for our turn to get the ferry to the Memorial. This was good advice as the tickets can sell out by 10.00am most days and if you get the later ones you can wait all day for your turn. We had a 10.00am viewing which started with a movie explaining what happened the day Pearl Harbor was attacked. This was incredibly moving as was the museums we visited on site beforehand. We even got to meet some of the lovely old survivors who signed souvenir books for us. The site itself was very well presented and while you only had about 15 minutes there, it was enough to really understand why this is such an important part of WW11 history and the US entry into the war. Well worth a visit, even for young people. My seven year old granddaughter asked many questions after seeing my daughter and I close to tears. We must not forget.

3  Thank Brownsineurope
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is a must see when you visit Honolulu. The Memorial is beautifully kept up and the lines are managed quite well. You can see the USS Arizona under water. Be prepared to shed a tear or two.

1  Thank Luvsailing

Been to USS Arizona Memorial? Share your experiences!