“Wonderful Hidden Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clarkdale
The Blue Heron Guest House
Ranked #3 of 4 Clarkdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I cannot speak highly enough of The Blue Heron Guest House, it was quiet, charming, cozy and perfect for our romantic weekend away. Tom was so friendly and accommodating. The front porch was a beautiful place to enjoy a glass of wine, the bed was comfy, good size bathroom and kitchenette. The best part was that it was clean, cozy and felt like home, I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Blue Heron Guest House

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Blue Heron for two nights cause we needed a get-a-way weekend last minute that wasn't going to cost us mega money. Thankfully the Verde Valley is just an hour away and it has wineries, flowing water, and beautiful scenery. Since we live in Flagstaff, its easy for us to drive down the mountain but finding a decent place to relax at a reasonable price can be difficult. I found the Blue Heron on TripAdvisor and it was an awesome find!

We checked and met with the proprietor, who lives next door. He showed us around and gave us some dinner recommendations. We payed him in cash and he bid us goodbye. We only saw him in passing and he made sure we had everything we need.

We had dinner at Nicks in Cottonwood (about 5 minutes away from the Blue Heron) and it was sooo delicious!! Great food and cool atmosphere. We spent the next day wine tasting throughout Cornville. In the late afternoon, we met up with some friends camping near the creek outside Sedona and headed back to the Blue Heron at sunset.

The actual little studio is cute and clean. There's wi-fi, basic cable, and a fridge. What else do you need!? I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The owner even gives you fresh fruit and muffins :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SimonTheDog
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This place has everything you'd want to enjoy your stay in the Verde Valley. It's tucked away in the lower part of Clarkdale; 2 minutes from the Verde River, 5 minutes to the downtown Clarkdale, 10 minutes to Old Town Cottonwood (with great tasting rooms and antique stores), and 10-15 minutes to Jerome (which needs no introduction). The owners, Tom and Truly were full of recommendations and absolutely wonderful. The building itself has tons of character, I believe it was original to the property and they did an outstanding job modernizing the interior, while keeping the exterior's "patina". The bed was comfy and the room had everything we could need. I honestly couldn't think of a better experience, especially considering the extremely reasonable price.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a lovely hidden treasure, ideal for couples who want a quiet getaway. We enjoyed the clean air-conditioned comfortable cabin, with our every need anticipated. How nice to sit on the front-porch rockers and listen to the birds and watch other wildlife in their own milieu, including a skittish raccoon one cool evening. The proprietors were personable and helpful in every way. A true hideaway, yet with easy access to restaurants and shopping, to the Verde Valley train, and many other interesting places. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Just the perfect size and the price is great! We stay here every time we are in the area. Lot's of peace and quiet, my husband and I love sitting in the rockers on the porch and enjoying the views. Tons of places for walking and it's close to everything in the Verde Valley including Jerome, Sedona and the Verde Valley Railroad. Very quiet neighborhood making the perfect place to enjoy the night sky and listen to the Verde River. Super clean and comfortable, they provide a little fridge, coffee maker and everything you could need to enjoy your stay. The perfect off-the-beaten bath gem of a guest house.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2011

HIS: From a mans view! Best deal I've seen on a B&B since forever! Quiet country livin' with raw woods and enough paint to keep the girls happy. Football if ya want it, Internet when desired, and rocking chairs on the porch. The hot water you like and the best towels! Here's the thing. It ain't your Grandmas old mattress either. Man what a find! Not just a do over, but makes ya want to come back.

HERS: Well, I have to say that for this city girl with a county heart, The Blue Heron met all my needs and was beyond my expectation. This quaint, cozy cabin was comfortable, perfectly decorated and had thoughtful amenities. This city girl appreciated the ceramic coffee mugs, the availability of indoor heating and air should you need it and the abundance of outlets. The cabin was very clean and well maintained. The county heart in me loved the porch with the rocking chairs to enjoy the night sky and the country sounds. No road noise here. As an artificial sweetener snob, my only suggestion would be to have an option other than Sweet-N-Low for the morning coffee or tea.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie B
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I ventured up to the Blue Heron Guest House the weekend of Oct. 1st,2011. It was so much more than I had expected. The outside is adorable and the inside was beyond cozy, warm and inviting. It was clean, comfortable and plenty of room. The linens were the softest I had ever felt and the decorating was so tastefully done. It was a very peaceful experience. We loved the atmosphere. The owners are very friendly and make you feel welcome. We would highly recommend staying at the Blue Heron. It is located close to Jerome, Verde Valley Railroad and even not too far from Flagstaff. We were thoroughly impressed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarkdale
Pines Motel
#3 of 7 in Cottonwood
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to The Blue Heron Guest House? Share your experiences!