“AWFUL”

81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“AWFUL”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stopped in to toss a few bucks in the slots on the way back to CT from the Newport cliff walk. Wish i had kept driving. What a waste. This 'casino' looked like it was kind of 'shady'...very dim inside, not many people...and forget about seeing any employees. I also thought it was very odd that there was no food or drink except for vending machines. Save your money....this place isnt even worth a 5 min stop.

Visited June 2012
6 Thank lisa0208

• Korean first
Parlin, New Jersey
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Casino”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was awful the place needs to be refurbished it was like stepping into the 1960. Not a great place no ventiliation. We were there for about one hour. Not great at all. Go to the one Twin Falls

5 Thank 08859
Narragansett, Rhode Island, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We always have a great time”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We really enjoy going to Newport Grand. The Grille Resturant is great, super food & all the staff as friendly . The waitresses {especially Stefanie & Lisa are super. We go sometimes a few days a week].

2 Thank Shirley L
Newport, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We always have a good time, win or lose.”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Wow, we were very surprised to read the bad reviews here. We go to Newport Grand once or twice a week. We always have dinner when we're there. Sometimes the buffet, sometimes the restaurant. My husband loves the Turkey Dinner on Sundays. I love the buffet on the weekends. The food has always been good and priced affordable. We've never had a bad experience with any of the help there. Even people who appear to be managers are friendly. We have our favorite games that we play. Sometimes we win, and sometimes we don't, but we always have a good time. We have gone to some of the shows that they have on the weekends too. We will continue to go to this place as it is a quieter atmosphere with nicer patrons. We occasionally go to Foxwoods but I feel more comfortable at Newport Grand. I'll be sure to mention this to our friends that go there. Perhaps they would like to comment also.

2 Thank Barbara M
Rhode Island
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“We'll never come back...”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went to NG last night to see our friend's band play, and the only thing good about the experience was the band. We arrived early to check out the $20 all-you-can-eat buffet. The buffet was just OK... nothing special...but the service couldn't have been much worse. We were escorted to our table and told our waitress (Leslie I think it was) would be right over. After 10 minutes of waiting for her to show up, we got tired of waiting and went up to the food line. Twenty minutes later, after I had almost finished my first plate, she FINALLY showed up and took our drink order. That's right...30 minutes to see a waitress! As I finished my plate a few minutes later, the hostess came up and asked if we wanted drinks. We told her the story, and she went and apparently lit a fire under our waitress. When I got back, the drinks were FINALLY at our table. Now mind you, this restaurant is small, and the waitress looked to have about 4 tables...she was not exactly slammed with work. She never came back to ask if we wanted anything else...the next time we saw her at our table was when we asked for the check. Fifteen minutes later, still no check. We grabbed the hostess again and asked her to get our %^$!! check, which she did. Another 5 minutes later, we had the check and paid the bill. My wife and I are usually very generous tippers...she was a waitress when she was younger and her Mom has been one for 45 years...but this dolt got ZERO for a tip. She was horrible, and got what she deserved. Frankly, she should have owed US money.

So we left there and went to the lounge where our friend was playing. The crappy service continued, as it took a good 15 minutes before the bartender made her way over to us. We were there all night (from 8:30 to closing at 1AM), and she was just as slow the rest of the night. There was one 20 minute or so period where there was NO bartender...apparently it was break time, and no one came in to cover the break. A bar at a casino with no bartender at 11 PM on a Saturday night? Are you kidding me?

This place is a joke. If you feel the need to drop some coin in a slot machine or two, take the drive to Twin River or one of the CT casinos. DO NOT waste your time or money at this place. We'll never come back, even if our friend gets another gig here.

6 Thank mkmck