“Disappointed but...”

Newport, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disappointed but...”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have to admit we went mostly for the dining experience. We had seen it adveritsed and the food appeared to be appetizing. We thought we could spend some time in the casino afterwards.Turns out the food and the service were both awful and not at all worth what we had to pay for it. We were so disppointed that by the time we were thru with dinner we lost our desire to spend some time gambling. I did appreciate that the casino had Non-Smoking gaming areas.Kudos to them for that!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Karen S

• Korean first
Illinois City, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good band! Had fun!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We were in town to visiting my son who's stationed at the Naval station. We were looking for some music and heard a band was playing at the Slots Casino. The band wad Java Jive Band. This was a great group of guys in their late 50's singing pop music and some oldies. The sang a black eyed peas songs which they sang so good!! We really haf fun. They have a small dance floor there and everyone was out there having fun. We played slots too after the band left. Spent $20 and won $82 so it wad a good night. Not a big win but we had fun. Second night spent $20 & won $65. Pretty good.
Small place but the people at the bar area are nice and friendly.

“Need to add more Machines, clean the air up”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Air is not clean, very smokey. Not enough slot machines, so many have been removed with no replacement.

Boston, Massachusetts
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 222 helpful votes
“What a waste of space-Poor Payouts”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I like to gamble as much as the next guy, but the slots here (and that's all they have at the time of this writing (no table games) must have the worst payout in any place I have ever wagered. My action isn't huge but I didn't see anyone winning big, and even compared to other casino's in CT, there payouts are far less. Four of us who have gambled in many states all found the machines really tight and even our observation of other people was that no one was winning big...and even are small payouts would have been more across the border.

Is it something to do for a an hour or so while going there to see a show (we went in part to see the Beatle cover band the Beat-Billies - They were great!!!)..? Yes, definitely. Are there better things to do in town or even in your home or hotel? Again, yes definitely. You would be better off just donation the money to charity and taking a write off. This place really stinks. On a Saturday night it was depressing as hell. Frankly I won't go back there to gamble with someone else's money.

The lounge bartender (Tracey?) was great...but that and the music were the highlight. I won't be back and would recommend spending your money elsewhere.

4 Thank troy mcclure
East Granby, Connecticut
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Eh, OK”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The place was in fairly good shape. We had a decent lunch there at the Grand Grille. I like to play video poker and there were only a few machines and they had terrible pay tables. The place was in decent shape though the layout was very strange.