“Just Beautiful”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just Beautiful”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Beautiful Hotel - Great Location - great service with friendly staff. The rooms are set up for business or pleasure travel. The gym and pool and spa are fantastic. The restaurant in the lobby is great too, only a little slow when busy for breakfast. The location of this place is fantastic - walking distance to all of Newport which is a beautiful scenic place to visit.

Room Tip: This is a big hotel - so just check to make sure the location of your room works for you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
mmalloy, Exec. Admin. Asst. at Hotel Viking, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you! Thank you! You have captured the essence of the spirit of the Hotel Viking!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 5, 2012

stayed mid week for 2 nights- other than some road work being done outside the hotel - the stay was perfect. Michelle at the front desk was absolutely spot on. We had not been to newport before, so we were looking for some tips on what to do, where to go - glad she gave us some pointers. The rest of the staff was just as good! Best breakfast around was found right there in the hotel. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Try it- you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
mmalloy, Exec. Admin. Asst. at Hotel Viking, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
What better way to take a breather from “every day life” than to come and stay with us at the Hotel Viking! It is a chance for a bit of pampering, quiet time, and a new slant of life! We are all pleased we were able to contribute to your “mid-week getaway”.
Northamptonshire
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a smart comfortable hotel in a gorgeous town, and only a ten minute stroll from the waterside. We had a vast room and a good dinner in the restaurant, so why aren't I rating it higher? Well, three things

First, the bed in our room was so high that my wife, who is not tall, had the greatest difficulty in getting in and out of it at all. It really needed its own escalator, and we quickly ceased finding it funny.

Secondly, when we went down for breakfast, we found that it was - can you believe this? - not available to 'ordinary' residents, because the room was booked by a conference of some kind. We could see that the room was serving breakfast to conference delegates, and that it was very far from full. Could room be found for us? No, it could not. Disgraceful.

As you might suppose, we were extremely unhappy about this, and the hotel graciously waived the overnight parking charge. We actually hadn't been aware that there was one for the open air and not secure piece of tarmac across the road, but there was, and it was $30. Good grief. Strike three.

This hotel needs to sort out its priorities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Our apologies to you and your wife that your stay was not up to what we pride ourselves on and that is the best in guest service .
Bristol, Rhode Island
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Last Saturday, October 27th 2012, I had the good fortune to be a guest at an elegant wedding, the reception for which was at the Viking Ballroom. From the moment I left my car with the valet to the time I retrieved my keys. I felt I was in a parallel universe. EVERYTHING and I mean everything about this wedding for memorable. The waiters, bartenders, hotel staff and management were attentive, professional, organized and responsive. The wedding guests exceeded 200 invitees and yet, the food was beautifully plated, hot, and cooked to perfection. The courses were precisely paced. Kudos to the chefs and kitchen staff and especially the waitstaff who met every request throughout the entire reception. I left absolutely impressed with the entire experience. I am 63 and have many to many weddings in this country and abroad. I must wholeheartedly admit that this was "one of the best weddings I have ever attended!"

Though I have lived in the area for the past 7 years, I have never visited the Viking. I intend to be a regular from now on. Do go, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Viking Hotel and thank you to Marco and Jessica, the wedding couple, for a wonderful memory.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
One of the nicest tributes to us is to have a Newport resident actually experience what our wonderful Hotel Viking has to offer. It is the best public relations for a local business. Your description of the entire wedding celebration for Marco and Jessica, is also a fabulous account of how all of our associates have been trained to work in sync with each other. We wholeheartedly thank you for your review. When you visit us please be sure to let us know so we can provide you with the best in guest service we offer all of our guests.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 31, 2012

While on business in Newport, I treated myself to some overdue relaxation time at Spa Terre @ The Historic Hotel Viking. Upon My arrival, I was greeted by a welcoming receptionist, who made me feel at ease, and showed me to the changing room. After fiddling with the lockers a bit, I made myself comfortable in the relaxation room. It was a very soothing atmosphere! They offer a variety of hot tea, cucumber infused water, fruit and a few snacks while you wait. The facialist met me promptly and extended her hand with a warm smile introducing herself ( I'm in the business world,and found this very professional) Melissa reviewed the facial I would be having (Spa terre Signature) and made sure I knew what it would entail. I felt immediately, that my comfort and experience was of her utmost concern. Being a "Type A" personality, it's hard for me to relax. That was not the case during this heavenly facial, as her angel like fingers soothed my tension away. During the facial, I was educated on my skin and products were suggested, but not in a pushing way. I appreciated that. This facial went above and beyond my expectations! After, I returned to the changing room and continued the relaxing process in the steam room. ( which was extremly clean) All in All this was a wonderful experience. If you're in need of relaxation, I HIGHLY recommend Spa Terre @ The Historic Hotel Viking!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mmalloy, Exec. Admin. Asst. at Hotel Viking, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
The ultimate objective of our Spa Terre’ Associates is to provide the ambience for our guests from beginning to end. By sharing your comments and thoughts with others, you have painted a wonderful visual of how a spa Signature Facial can be soothing and relaxing. Thank you for your exhilarating review.
Portsmouth , RI
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I went to Spa Terre at the Viking for a much needed relaxing day. Upon arrival it was five star service all the way. The front desk staff at the spa treated us like royalty, Emily was so kind and attentive to anything we needed. We had 80 min massage's that were the best we have ever had! John, (our therapist) was nothing short of amazing! I would highly recommend him and Spa Terre. The Spa was super clean and beautifully decorated. Wonderful relaxation room. It was truly a lovely experience!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MTorello
mmalloy, Exec. Admin. Asst. at Hotel Viking, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of Spa Terre’. Our Spa staff strive to be the best in the business and each and every associate is well trained and do their best to meet the requests and needs of each and every spa guest. Again, we appreciate your comments!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The rooms, the serice, the location, the bar, the pool, I could go on and on........ Although a wedding was going on and the place was busy that did not interfere with the serice and attention we recieved. We would highly recoomend this hotel to family and friends and cant wait to come back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We cannot wait for your return! Having your comments about guest service makes us all want to work that much harder to fulfill our goals. Thank you also for recommending the hotel to family and friends.