“Average place”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Burlington, Connecticut
“Average place”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Place was ok. Super expensive but it's good location if u plan on staying in downtown newport. Still have to pay for parking $15 a day. Rooms were average kinda small and little dirty for me. I did like that they had robes. Next time I go to newport we will try somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013
schroeder01, General Manager at Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. We continuously strive to exceed all of our guest’s expectations on all levels and it is our hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Connecticut, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Location great!! couldnt find the bar the only one we found that was part of the hotel was the one outside. Pier 49 but... since it was raining........ that was out. check in was fine, hotel staff treated me professionally, courteously, and promptly. Getting to the room was another issue. Walked in and it was MUSTY!! The must was coming from the air conditioner, call front desk and they sent someone up while i was out. I think they just sprayed the room because the moment the A/C turned on the smell was back. I had to leave the A/C off all night so it wouldnt trigger my migraines. for the 289$ i spent on the room you would think that everything was working efficiently and they would upgrade the walls within in the rooms. So PAPER THIN that i could hear the conversation next door which included children which i specifically asked them not to put me near any families. I dont think i will be going back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tricia Z
Thank you for taking the time to review your overnight accommodations with us. We appreciate you highlighting our great location and the professional customer service you received, however we are disappointed to read of the unsatisfactory occurrences that you encountered during your stay. We strive to provide the best accommodations possible and we would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations.
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I held a 2-day business event at the Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina. The rooms were clean & had good views of the harbor. Meeting room space was plentiful & laid out as I had requested. The staff was very attentive to the guests. Many of the attendees even commented on how good the meeting's lunches were at the hotel. Location was beautiful. I wouldn't hesitate to work with this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank H G
We are pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the recent business event we hosted at our hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding the guestrooms, meeting space, staff, and food. We take pride in delivering the best service, value, and location in Newport and we are delighted to know that we met all of your expectations. We look forward to working together again so we can welcome both you and your group back in the near future!
Amesbury, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I would never have thought from pulling up to the hotel, with it's gorgeous views of the marina and boats, that complete incompetence awaited me inside.... The front desk staff were lazy, the room was nothing special and I awoke the next morning an discovered I had slept on DIRTY, STAINED SHEETS!!!! The pillowcase I slept on, the sheets and blanket all were stained.... When we complained to the front desk we were told, "Oh. I'm sorry".... If you are reading this, FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO STAY!!! Show them how "sorry" they really are!

Room Tip: Here's a tip.... Go to another hotel!!!!
Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Erica M
It is with great regret to read this review regarding your stay. We are dedicated to providing the best accommodations and service. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for overlooking the cleanliness of your guestroom and unfortunately not meeting your expectations. In the future, please do not hesitate to contact the appropriate manager directly, in this case, our Executive Housekeeper to address your concerns so we can remedy the situation during your stay.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I just returned from a business trip which caused me to stay in this less than desirable hotel. It has a great location and some nice harbor views but that is where the superlatives end. This is an old hotel that has very poor infrastucture and function. I walked in to find a rather aloof hotelier who took his time even to acknowledge my arrival despite the late hour. His service was slow and apatheitc as if I had interupted his evening. He could only offer me a room with two double beds despite my obvious height demanding a king. The elevator is incredibly slow and antiquated which matches the decor. Rooms are small and the bathroom is literally 4 feet by 4 feet. There is no room for a counter in the bathroom and the shower/tub is fit for a child but not an adult. There are minimal amenities and no ceiling vent. Water pressure is poor and the plumbing fixtures rattle and hum with rust and age. They have attempted to upgrade the look somewhat with better towels and linens but there is only so much lipstick that you can put on a pig. The bed is fairly comfortable but that won't matter because the AC unit is so loud you will have troube sleeping. The TV malfunctioned regularly and the phone did not work. No place to plug-in your electronics save one light outlet or balancing your iPhone/iPad on the sink in the bathroom. No closet in the rooms, just an open rack for hanging clothes. There is no fitness center, just an old pool that was not inviting.This property is a tear down and I cannot recommend it. Newport was one of the first playgrounds for the rich and famous but none of them would ever stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Travelgavel77
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night at the Newport Harbor Hotel for a quick weekend getaway. The front desk staff was courteous and check-in was easy. Our room had a king-sized bed, clean bathroom with nice toiletries and a great view of the water. Overnight parking was only $15, which is a bargain in Newport. The room was equipped with a Keurig coffee machine for the morning.

This is a great hotel located right on the water within easy walking distance of all the great restaurants and shopping located in downtown Newport. I recommend it for short one or two night getaways.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Runnergirl89
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel is very centrally located and a perfect place for enjoying the downtown and harbor shopping in Newport. It has a nice indoor pool (no hot tub - bummer) and pool deck on the water for sunbathing. The rooms are average and not a lot of bells and whistles, but for the location, you can't beat it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family