Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
Yankee Peddler Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
$239
Hotel Viking(Newport)
$246
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $340/night.

$479
Marriott Hotels
$424
$338
$299
Travelocity
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $392/night.

$499
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $554/night.

The Attwater(Newport)
$369
$645
$835
$850
$775
Agoda.com
1,435 results
All reviewssalt watergreat locationdock masterharbor view roombowen's wharfhotel restaurantnewport harborindoor poolwithin walking distanceadirondack chairsfront desk staffparking feerestaurants and shoppingpastryfirst flooroff seasoncoffee maker
Reviewed October 28, 2012

we only tayed for one night and arrived quite late. The staff was helpful and provided a lot of informaion about the area. There are some nice restaurants nearby. No use to say that the beach and the view is simlpy beautiful in this part of the usa.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I recently planned a Bachelorette party for a friend and all 8 of us stayed here and got 2 rooms. We planned on visiting a winery first which was only about 5-10 minutes from the hotel. Once we got to the hotel we had no problems checking in and when we got to our rooms the best part was...THE VIEW!! We were on the harbour side and had a great view of the bridge and all the boats in the harbour and the sunset was INCREDIBLE!! We had planned on going out to dinner and then to a bar to hear music. Everything was within walking distance of about 5 minutes and we had a great night. Everyone had fun and the rooms were absolutely fine. I know that there are plenty of places in Newport that are a lot more money and don't have the views or location that this hotel has. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

2  Thank MBM1120
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend as well (same as previous writer - Oct. 19). I have to say, we had a very different experience. There are many reviews saying how horrible this hotel is. It was fine. It is a hotel - not the Westin. If you want a chicque hotel - stay at the Chanler (and pay the price).

The staff was friendly and helpful. I could not figure out how to turn the a/c on so I called the front desk. It is on the wall - not the a/c unit!

The bathroom is small but functional - pedestial sink. Tub could be updated but it was functional. The beds were adequate - again, not the Westin, but not hard as a rock (I would have liked softer pillows). Keurig coffee maker in the rooms.

The location couldn't be better. Walking distance to all of downtown and plenty of parking (much more than the local inns and b&b's).

3 women stayed in one room - and we managed fine.

Newport is expensive! - so although $300/night seems pricey, it isn't compared to other hotels in the area. If you are looking for upscale, this is probably not for you but, it isn't poor quality either. I rate this as an average hotel. For the price, the location, and being Newport, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had 2nd floor parking lot view. Not the best view but it was an end unit. We didn't hear anything.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here OCT 19, 2013
Have never written a review however I was so shocked a hotel could charge 300.00 for a room a treat their guest so poorly in every way. Staff upon arriving less than friendly and not busy. We were given our room and went to put our things away to discover it was not the room we booked. Tried to call the front desk but phone was broken.
Walked back to the front desk and explained we had a room for a king not two small double beds.
After disappearing the hotel rep. said yes that's true but we had to give you this because the people extended their stay. I have done that many times and always told if I would need to change rooms. The clerk said oh well, to the phone issue and nothing at all about the switch. Oh she said we gave you a harbor view well it was the same price and extremely poor service. The beds are old and super soft bedding low quality and the mattress pad did not even cover the mattress it was more like a child's pad. Beds very uncomfortable, my husband is a tall man, needless to say we did not have a good nights sleep and could not wait to leave.
The bathroom impossible for two people to share, but in better shape than the rest of the room. Worst option in Newport, I go all the time as I have kids in school in the area. Will never stay there again. Look around there are great places for less.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kellie n
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed for a friends wedding at this location and couldn't believe the price I was paying here compared to the others in the area. The hotel is a classic example of a once great place that has been surpassed because they have done little to nothing to update the room in the last 20 years.

Problems that we experienced:
No shower curtain in our room
Air conditioning could not be adjusted, making us the room constantly cold
Beds were extremely stiff and linens were of low quality
TV is too big for cabinet and was only viewable from one side of the room
Calls to front desk were not followed up on

The only positive was the view, which was excellent on the marina.

Other notes: Bathroom was too small to get ready in. Valet was also rude and unhelpful throughout the stay. Also, the security was overzealous with enforcing a noise policy after 11pm. I received a knock on my door at 11:30pm and was told that TV after this time was a 'nuisance'. I couldn't help but laugh. I politely apologized and said I was going to bed soon and was told "Don't say you weren't warned." I get it, this is generally a hotel for older guests and they want to be friendly toward this demographic. There is no need to be rude to guests that are respectful and paying $300+/night.

3  Thank Dave B