“Nice Hotel in great location”

Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We have stayed here several times. I really like the location - right in the heart of downtown Newport. Easy to walk to MANY restaurants and shopping. The rooms are very clean and nicely updated. The bathroom is a little small for a weeks stay (no countertop to put your toiletries bag), but we are usually only in town for 1 or 2 nights. Beds are very comfortable as well. This last time we went with a "Wharf View" thought is was a great view of the water and boats at Bowen's Wharf. We park when we arrive and no need to use the car again unless we want to go to the beach or mansions. Nice area right on the water/harbor to sit outside on a nice day and just enjoy the beautiful view.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina

Reviewed January 6, 2012

We enjoyed the hotel but I must admit we didn't spend much time there. It was comfortable and cozy with a magnificent view but what we appreciated most was the location. Everything we wanted to do or see was right there, excellent restaurants, wonderful boutiques, musical venues plus sightseeing within walking distance.

I may have been lucky but the few staff members that I encountered were very polite and helpful. I can't remember the ladies name but at that time in June 2011, I wrote the hotel to express my gratitude with one of their employees for offering to drive my husband and I to a nearby attraction.

Needless to say, August of 2012, we intend to so back to Newport and stay at the same hotel. I hope that we receive the same courteous treatment we received in 2011. We'll cross our fingers!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night. It was a very comfortable room and we were pleased with the room, but not entirely with the service. The man behind the front desk was rather cold and not helpful. We requested a room with a king size bed instead of 2 queens and he told us no because we had requested the best rate available (AAA) and that it would be more expensive for us to get a king size bed. I dont think i would ever pay their rates to stay there during the summer, but it will do if you are going in the fall or winter. I would recommend staying at a B&B instead though.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda D
Reviewed January 5, 2012

A quick review- I had never stayed at the Newport Harbor Hotel but just wanted a quick get away for New Years Eve where we could park and walk everywhere. This was it. The location was great all kinds of little shops and restaurants within walking distance. We also got the package for the night which included a dinner. I must say the dinner far surpassed what I thought is was going to be on a night like this. I enjoyed every course. The bar and the DJ was an added bonus. We in our 50's and enjoyed and danced the night away. I would not hestitate to stay at this Hotel again. A big thanks!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kbear4
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed here for the first time because it was a hotel and not a B&B because we had our children with us. Normally we stay in a B&B but we were taking the kids to the Polar express train ride so we thought a hotel would be better. I was a little disappointed with the hotel, everything seemed small. The elevator was small/tight, the room was small and the bathroom was very small with no vanity just a pedistal sink. There was nowhere to put your stuff. The hotel was clean and neat but nothing spectacular. The pool area was very dark and was under construction which was understandable being the off season, but very dark, a little creepy. The restaurant was very nice, the prices reasonable and the staff super nice at the restaurant. Overall the hotel was ok, but I would not pay the summer prices for this hotel just not worth that money for the accommdations.

Room Tip: Both the waterview and town view were very nice, either is a good choice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank LIMomOfTwo
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The Hotel is in the main stream of Newport i agree. It was clean and the the beds are comfortable. Now here are the down side to this hotel. I have Government credentials in which i get a better rate. The value is not a big deal at all. I usually stay at the Hyatt on goat island right nearby which is the upmost best deal you will get in Newport. The room have been renovated, pluming behind the walls is poor and there is not much water pressure. The hotel was 90% vacant when i was there. Signing in at the register i had asked if there were any upgrades, like a room on the water side,answer was sorry no. I asked for a king bed being i was alone, answer was no. I asked if there were a complimentary breakfast, answer was ,no. You get all this at the Hyatt with a smile and more. In the morning construction was going on in the parking lot. At this time of year with a ninth percent vacancy i think they could have done better. I was there to look for a summer rental for the americas cup and tall ships. Now read my review on the Hyatt which is next. I left and checked into the hyatt the next morning of 11/29/2011 Captain Bruce R

Room Tip: For your best value check out the Hyatt on Goat Island right in that area
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed over one night... I agree the location is great. But the night we stayed I needed to get up at 4:50 AM to participate in the Newport Bridge Run. Unfortunately it was a holiday weekend & after the bars closed, the party moved to the room right next to ours. We called the office at 1:30AM asking them to help. That lasted about 10 minutes. So we called again at 2:30AM. Supposedly there is a one strike & you are out of the hotel but we did not find that to be true. Ear plugs are a must...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple