Black Duck Inn
Hotel Viking(Newport)(Great Value!)
$297
  • Restaurant
Mill Street Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
$399
$259
$369
$385
  • Pool
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
$550
$535
Orbitz.com
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
$359
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewspinot noirchardonnay roombox of chocolatesscrambled eggs with cheesehomemade cookies in the afternooncoffee juicejacuzzi tub in the roomnice womanlovely accommodationsbreakfast was deliciousboth morningselectric fireplaceupgraded to a suitequeen size bedparking is tightthese issuesstay there again
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I just came back from staying the weekend with my boyfriend. The Black Duck Inn was a lovely place to stay. The room was perfect for us. Very clean and super comfy bed. We received a box of chocolates and a bottle of wine when we checked in. We stayed in the champagne suite and it was very romantic with a jacuzzi tub and gas fireplace. We had a very nice weekend and plan on returning in the fall and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The Champagne room was great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keri R
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed July for 4 nights we were in town for a wedding. It was clean and located in the heart of town. The staff was nice and the fresh cookies everyday were so good! My one complaint was that there was no full length mirror in the room which made it hard to get ready especially for a wedding. Also'it was a bit loud on Sat night if you are an early bird it might be annoying. It didn't bother me because by 2am the noise stopped when the bar around the corner closed. But im a night owl. Over all I would say is reasonably priced and I would stay again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katzattathebag
Reviewed November 3, 2013

You sure can't beat the location of this bed and breakfast - you are less than a block from the harbor and the shops. The mansions at Bellevue Ave. and the Cliff Walk are just a nice walk or short drive away. There is an amazing breakfast waiting for you here, with friendly and informative staff like Karen, who had been an art history major and had great tips on what to see and do in Newport! There are fresh cookies and hot beverages available 24/7 and an offer to have wine and cheese on weekend nights at a nearby B&B - nice features! Now the downside; there is no live in innkeeper, not that you really need one. You check in elsewhere (a beautifully decorated B&B named The Blue Jewel) Then you drive to the Black Duck Inn down the street, park, step inside and voila! You are on your own - until breakfast. There is a number to call if you need assistance but it almost felt like stepping into a stranger's house while they were away on vacation. Call me old fashioned but I like being greeted inside the B&B itself and being shown around a bit by a congenial innkeeper.
The house has mostly modern decor which is advertised as such. My downstairs room (Chardonnay) was adequate is size for someone traveling solo, but a bit drab and dowdy with no pictures or decorations on the walls. The bathroom had a giant window overlooking a parked car. It was hard to tell if I had complete privacy in the bathroom or if I was throwing off revealing shadows to the world outside (yikes!), as there was no draped curtain, just a plastic levered shade from which I could easily see the car. If they could just add a curtain to help promote a feeling of privacy in the bathroom, that would be nice! And maybe a place to put shampoo,etc. inside the shower area .... Not sure if the other rooms were more cheerful. I did hear a man complaining loudly that his TV and fireplace didn't work in the upstairs suite. You can't help but hear a lot in this B&B. Two nights I slept well and one night I was privy to continuous footstep thuds across the floors and many flushes of the commode from the rooms upstairs. Of course once you meet the morning staff and taste the wonderful food, these issues mostly fade away! I would stay here again (in a different room) solely for the great morning staff and excellent location.

Room Tip: The Chardonnay room is easy to access downstairs but you may hear more night time noises from upstairs guests here.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I recently had the great pleasure of staying in two beautifully restored Newport Inns, the Blue Jewel and the Black Duck situated in the heart of Newport on Pelham Street. While right in the centre of Newport, Pelham Street is a very quiet and quaint area.

Having made a very last minute booking , the innkeeper Jean facilitated me by providing accommodation in both inns on consecutive nights . The rooms in both inns were absolutely fabulous!! Beautifully decorated and very spacious. The innkeeper was most warm and welcoming. She was extremely helpful and informative in advising me on places to visit and eat whilst in Newport. The breakfast was delicious, juice, fresh fruit and yoghurt, homemade pancakes and coffee. It set me up for the day!

I will definitely be back and will be recommending these Newport Inns to my friends and family in Ireland!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Diamond Room in the Blue Jewel and the Meritage in the Black Duck. Both fabulous rooms, I would highly recommend. In talking to other guests, they were very happy with the other rooms also.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the Reisling room at the Black Duck Inn in Newport. The inn is very modern in decor and quite lovely. The location is perfect as you can walk right into town. Parking is a hassle in town.
Ok here are the issues.... The shower had no place to keep even a small shampoo bottle or soap. I placed all of my toiletries on the floor of the shower and bent down throughout my shower to retrieve each needed item. Ughh I am on vacation right?? The other highly annoying part of this room's location is that it backs the kitchen cupboards. At 7:00 AM doors are slamming and coffee beans are being ground and it sounds like the kitchen staff is in bed with you! Needless to say We were up very early during our stay.
Breakfast was lovely as was the staff. No sign of the owner during our stay. Overall a quaint, modern decor inn with a great location but a few kinks.

• Stayed: July 2013