“Best Gelato in Newport & surrounding area.”
Review of Cold Fusion Gelato

Cold Fusion Gelato
Ranked #5 of 14 Dessert in Newport
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
“Best Gelato in Newport & surrounding area.”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Unbelievable flavorfull gelato & sorbet. Welcoming & friendly service. I would recommend this to anyone in Newport area.

• Visited April 2014

Massachusetts
“Could've been great, but soured by bad business practice”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The gelato? Terrific. Interesting and intense flavors. Pricey, but what you'd expect for a treat in Newport. The server (who I presume was the owner)? Enthusiastic. Generous with samples, a great salesman, generous with portions. So far, so good, right? The sour part? While he was swiping my credit card I tossed some cash in the tip jar. Imagine my surprise to see he'd also added a tip to my credit card charge without my authorization. Helloooo? Excuse me? I decide whether to tip, how much to tip, and in what form, not you. This wasn't a party of 12 in a restaurant, this was 3 people for gelato. Not cool. I pulled my cash back out of the jar and left with a very sour taste.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank HikingClan
East Northport, New York
“Yummy gelato!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The gelato and service were very good. Very friendly guy behind the counter! Wish they would bring back the salted caramel gelato.

• Visited September 2013
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Nice sorbets!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We needed a little after dinner snack. We stopped in and grabbed two cups of sorbet. They were very tasty. There's no place to sit down inside or out, so we sat on the steps of the church across the street. Cold Fusion is a popular dessert spot - be prepared to stand in line.

• Visited September 2013
Maryland
“Good gelato, teenage service left a little to be desired”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were walking down Thames Street on a very hot day looking for ice cream and we stumbled upon this place. They have a ton of flavors that are all natural I got the lime jalapeño gelato which sounds awful but was outstanding. The flavors worked really well together. My sons got fiji dream, s'mores and chocolate. They also let us bring our dog in which made my youngest son very happy. There were two teenage girls working the day we were there. They seemed more interested in talking with each other than serving the customers. But, once we got our gelato, all was forgotten and forgiven.

Visited August 2013