“refreshing modern spot in the middle of it all”
Review of Christie's

Christie's
Ranked #44 of 244 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Thames Street
Description: A fun and casual environment with swinging chairs, outdoor seating, a large communal table and retro décor, there is a fun spot for everyone to eat, drink and lounge. Christie’s serves casual comfort food infused with a bit of nostalgia as well as some Asian influences, together with an extensive classic cocktail list. The Christie’s Burger has been voted one the best in New England while the Pu Pu Platter is a retro favorite among those sharing a few dishes. All of the cocktails are old school classics and stand alongside a moderately priced American beer list.
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We love going to Chritie's, part of the overall 41 North complex in Newport; I agree with the best burger in the Northeast, good beer selection, staff was friendly, prices were moderate and fair;

1  Thank Craig T

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Well, for the price, I was expecting a lot better. We ate at the outdoor bar which was lovely and the drinks were good. However, the food was not great. It's hard to ruin mac and cheese, but this was kind of what boxed tasted like. The fish tacos came out cold and were nothing special. Overall, disappointed. Great menu descriptions, poor to average food and high prices. Will return for drinks and a view, not to eat.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

We were very disappointed in Christie’s, especially with the manager of the restaurant.

We had the unfortunately experience of having two glasses of red sangria spilled on us after the waitress tripped. The sangria, went all over the my clothing and on to my champagne color purse, which was stained and ruined.

Accidents do happen, but when we were finished with our meal the waitress handed us the check and indicated that only the drinks were on the house. We were incredibly disappointed that they didn’t offer to dry clean my purse or at least pick up the tab for our $35 meal.

We asked our waitress if the manager knew of the situation and she said he did and at that time, she offered to pick up the tab on the meal as well. We requested to see him and he told us that he couldn’t pay to replace my purse (I wasn’t expecting them to) but could pay for dinner and the dry cleaning of the purse, but would have to confirm with his general manager.

When he came back (10 minutes later) he said he would pay for the dry cleaning of the purse as well as buy us another round of drinks but we would now have to pay for the meal because Christie’s was not willing to pay for the dry cleaning and pick up the tab.

We told him that we did not want another round of drinks, gave him our credit card and told him we were very disappointed and we hoped he would go back and think about his offer and encouraged him to do the right thing.

We never saw him again (nor did he once apologize for the mishap). He sent our waitress out who informed us that dinner and drinks were on the house and provided contact information for me to send the dry cleaning invoice.

What’s disappointing is that we had to work so hard to get good customer service. On top of it, the appetizers ordered were just ok – the scallop dumplings and lobster quesadilla both came out cold.

I am sharing this experience so you will be informed before you go there. I had an unfortunate experience and cannot recommend this restaurant on the basis of its customer service. If you should have one issue within the restaurant, we are not convinced you will be taken care of in an appropriate manner.

1  Thank Mitt72
Reviewed July 7, 2011

The place was totally dead at 6:00 on a beautiful summer night. After eating there, I now know why. My meal, a Thai shrimp dish, was terrible. It tasted like the worst Chinese food I've ever had. Left a bad taste in my mouth the rest of the night. The service was good--but they need a new chef!

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Got to have their brunch. Great french toast with strawberries, home made yogurt with a fresh, generous fruit salad, Huevos rancheros, and much more. Thai shrimp salad was great, and the fries are the best matchstix on the island. Fresh and Hot. Full Bar and good service round out the experience.