“great food, great view, great service”
Review of H2O & Water Bar Lounge - CLOSED

H2O & Water Bar Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We went to H2O with some concenrs given some of the recent reviews, but were pleasantly surprised. There were five of us and every entree was a hit! Several people started off with chowder and all said it was fantastic. The salads were also great. Entrees were all fantastic. The scallop entree was served with pickled kumquats over arugula, along with a risoto cake. The scallops were great, the risoto was great, and the pickled kumquat sauce on the arugula was unbelievable- in a good way! The fish and chips were said to be crisp, fresh and not greasy, with great fries. The swordfish entree was great, not dry and very flavorful. Each entree came with some sides and all the sides were great. Limited and uninspired dessert menu. Perhaps one of the best parts about H2O is that the seating is right on the wharf with a great view of the harbor. All in all, simply great food and a great night. (be warned- expensive, but on par with the Newport area).

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Just had drinks here, so can't vouch for the food. Fun spot to grab a cocktail on the harbor. They have outdoor seating and varying levels of seating options inside so wherever you sit, you can look over the water. It's a little hard to find which is wonderful, because it's not overcrowded. The waitress was great, and we'll come here again!

Reviewed June 28, 2011

We happened to discover H2O after wandering around the various shops in the area. I saw the tables and chairs set up outside near the dock, and knew this would be a great place to relax and hang out a little with my fellow travelers on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon.

We didn't eat at the little restaurant, so I can't review the food - but I can, however talk a little about our nice experience in the bar/porch area.

I sipped on a nice strawberry mojito (an interesting drink....basically a mojito with pieces of real strawberry shredded into it... tasted ok, but hard to drink with the strawberry stuck in the straw! I'll probably try something different next time). That was $10 - but I nursed it for quite a while!

The others had their share of coconut martinis (multiple @ $12 per - but I guess they were good!), a mojitorita for $10 (a mojito and margarita at the same time), a pina colada for $12 and some random beers.

The service was pretty slow because the bar was "backed up", but in their defense the place was packed.

Overall, we had a great time with our drinks, with a beautiful view of the harbor right in front of us. Right behind us there was some live music - a guy with a good voice, a guitar and a mike singing decent covers of some mello music. The atmosphere on the harbor totally makes this place a great destination for taking a break between wandering around Newport.

1  Thank keyofdee
Reviewed May 28, 2011

A little unorganized opening weekend but a fun spot to look out on Newport Harbor.

Reviewed October 2, 2010

We were staying at the hotel that houses the restaurant and were looking forward to eating there. Now, granted all menus in Newport have a warning about undercooked or raw seafood - but mine was supposed to be fully cooked. We ate late - were the last table seated for the evening, and I guess those scallops were not cooked through. Thank goodness we ate there the last night we there. I spent the next week in and out of the ER in NC - the sickest I have ever been in my life.

2  Thank loribates