“Loved this Inn!!!! Heaven in Newport!!!”
Review of Inn on Bellevue

Inn on Bellevue
Ranked #13 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Rhode Island
“Loved this Inn!!!! Heaven in Newport!!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2010

My husband and I heard about this place from a friend and knew we would love it. Checked out the reviews and thought let's try it for a night. Affordable enought, why not? OMG this is the most adorable Inn in Newport. Great location, location, location!! They have a private safe parking lot. Leave your car and you can walk everywhere even the beach. We checked in only to be greeted by the family owners Tanya and Gino. Sweetest couple ever. So welcoming and even showing us to our room. We had the whole day to relax on the beautiful porch and people watched for a while, walked around Bellevue Avenue and visited all the quaint shops and restaurants. Had dinner on the warf and headed to bed early .The room was beautifully decorated and spotless. We even had the room with the jacuzzi in it..Waking up was even better once we headed to Tanyas cafe in the lobby. Coffee brewing and the smell of fresh waffles in the air.. I fell in love with the Victorian chairs and tables in the cafe. From the linen on the beds to the china for breakfast. This was heaven in Newport. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. We plan on going next week for 3 nights and taking our teenagers with us Great place for families too!
Thank you Tanya and Gino!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hotmama42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Consider the area and ~$100/nt is not too bad. We visited in April and I don't think all the rooms had been used or prepared for the summer yet. There is not much to the rooms; if you fancy and extravagant, go somewhere else. They make free breakfast in the morning for you with coffee, juice and muffins.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I found this DUMP on Craig's List advertised at $175/week, verified by email and a phone call to the agent. When I arrived and met with Geno-the owner - he said it was $225/week, "just a mistake". The room was not even prepared. I had to come back later in the evenig only to find a non-working smoke detector, holes in the ceilings and walls, unfinished walls in need of paint., a refrig that was frozen solid with ice, no working lights in the bathroom,...a PIT! Geno's Russian wife - Tanya- insisted that it all would be ready, assuring me as she took the $225 deposit and the $225 rental fee- IN CASH-NO Credit Cards!-an ATM by the desk!! When I complained to Paul-the Manager-he said Geno & Tanya where in Europe. I asked for my deposit of $225 back and suddenly Geno was back from Europe and on the phone telling me 'It is a 3 week minimum and he has to 'keep the deposit'....A CROOK & AN IRS DEFRAUDER!! STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank celticswedee
PA
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I have stayed at the Inn four times in the past. Each time it get's better. This stay was the BEST! I had a reservation next door at the Viking (because it had a pool), but everything went wrong. I walked across the street and made a reservation at the Inn (stayed in the Manor). We had the BEST time, my girls loved the character of the hotel and the people who ran it. I will NEVER stay anywhere else! Inn on Bellevue, YOU SAVED THE DAY!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Montréal
Reviewed September 19, 2009

What a gem! John and Jennifer know how to make guests feel happy at their lovely B&B. Beautiful rooms, nicely decorated, very good breakfasts. The house is centrally located, close to downtown Newport. Very pleasant hosts always available for help. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 17, 2009

great weekend in newport, went to the beach sachuest beach is the best!
love this inn, the breakfast, the staff is very friendly. the rooms have been remodeled so i requested a jacuzzii yeah loved it!!!! we went out to eat mexican food (perro salado my favorite, try the ribs sooo good!!! this inn is close to everything, short walk to stores, restaurants, marina, i love newport!!!! i posted some pics of the beautiful sunset at the ocean cliff where we dined. dont forget to take a stroll through the cliff walk. so much to do!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Our stay was excellent. I cannot wait to return next summer. The moment you walk in you see a VERY clean cozy home. The owners (John and Jennifer) are kind and full of information about the area and completely open with the house. They had a great way of making you feel welcome and tell delightful stories in their English accent that is very exotic ( at least to these New York ears). . The rooms are not large but large enough and very well decorated and you have to try the Jacuzzi tub! The breakfast was delicious. Jennifer makes a french toast to die for - if anyone knows what kind of cheese she puts in there, i would love to know! Fruit was always fresh and there was more coffee and orange juice than you could drink! We always felt as if we were with friends rather than just tenants. The Beds are the best I have slept in at any hotel the sheets feel like cotton silk and the mattress was like sleeping on a cloud! It made it hard to get out of bed! Each night Ghiardelli chocolates were placed on our night table. Everything is close by, downtown Newport and the Mansions were walking distance. The Brinley is on a side street which made it quiet and relaxing after a day of touring (many B&B's we passed seemed right on busy streets). I recommend the Brinley Victorian to anyone looking to just get away and relax!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends