“Would definitely stay here again and would have no problem recamending it to friends,”
Review of Inn on Bellevue

Inn on Bellevue
Ranked #13 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was here for a wedding reception, very clean very pleasant staff clean rooms and not to mention the food was excellent, if you are go to visit Newport this is the place to stay, reasonable pricing. Very nice outside patio to enjoy a drink or two Ina nice summer night

• Stayed: July 2013
innsonbellevue, General Manager at Inn on Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

It was my pleasure to have you and your family here at the Inns on Bellevue. I was delighted to meet your entire family, and you all looked terrific heading out for the wedding reception!! I hope your future travels will bring you back to Newport, and to the Inns on Bellevue.

There are newer reviews for Inn on Bellevue

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Loved the place, all the comforts of home, nice sized antique rooms with jacuzzi, very comfortable, convenient and walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Close to historic mansions and Tennis Hall of fame. The service and staff was exceptional and very pleasant. The breakfast was delicious!! I loved their fresh pastries as well. I definitely recommend this B&B and will be returning for another weekend stay.

• Stayed: December 2013

The staff and I truly appreciate your kind comments. We are all so happy we could make your weekend getaway so memorable!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Newport was our first date 10yrs ago. We decided to stay at the INN on Bellevue. What I loved the most was the decor and the jacuzzi right in the bedroom. The inn was quiet and we have no complains. The best part was walking next door the the main house for breakfast. I thought it was a cold breakfast but there was someone waiting to cook whatever we wanted. There was fresh coffee and fresh fruit and pastries. I also loved that the INN is a walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. We had fun at the blues cafe and walked back to the inn. Had a fabulous stay I cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask about jacuzzi in most rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

So happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for sharing your comments about your experience. I will be sure to share your review with the staff.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here in December of 2013 for a weekend getaway. We were a little leery after reading some of the reviews on trip advisor but were pleasantly surprised by the quality and cleanliness of the room. The staff was very friendly and responsive, the breakfasts were delicious and the location ideal. We did have an issue with hot water on the first morning we stayed, but the hotel had fixed the problem by that evening and we didn't have the problem recur. We stayed in room 123 in Bellevue Manor, which is a queen jacuzzi room through a living social deal. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends going to Newport for the weekend.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ortis142

Your feedback is truly appreciated by all of the staff at the Inns on Bellevue. I enjoyed meeting you while you stayed with us, and hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

My family recently stayed in Newport for our reunion. Inn on Bellevue was perfect! We reserved six rooms at the Inn and even had our own private lounge area and use of a kitchen. A wonderful surprise when traveling with little ones. Breakfast was the best. They offered such a spread we were stuffed! Staff went out of their way to offer recommandations. We loved it here and will definitely return next year!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Love2travel20133

How nice to hear your great feedback about your stay with us here at the Inns on Bellevue. Your review will be shared with the staff, as they always appreciate being recognized for a job well done.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We arrived on Sat afternoon and found our suite in Brinley to be clean and adequate, but cold! We asked the young lady who was checking us in to show us the thermostat. She couldn't find one in the room. Out in the hallway, at the other end of the house, was the lone thermostat for the ground floor of the house. She said, "I think that should work." We went out for a few hours, came back to a still-cold room. Walked over to tell the young lady that the suite was still cold. She assured us it would be taken care of. Came back in the evening to no heat, still. At this point we telephoned the front desk. New young lady. We complained that at least we could be provided with a space heater. Evidently the on-site staff for the four properties consists of one young lady who sits at the reception desk in the main hotel and really can't leave very easily. She told us she would try to call the owner. Meanwhile my husband resourcefully investigated whether the thermostat at the end of the hall had any effect on the radiator in our room--it didn't. In the process he discovered that the back door to the Inn was wide open, and a window in the front parlor also was wide open. (not very safe, and adding to the cold temperature since it was about 55 degrees outside.) My husband found the stairs to the basement and went down to see whether the furnace ws fired up. It wasn't, but he did find a space heater and that is how we managed to stay warm that evening and the next morning. Very very poor for more than $250!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karenhE6366DH
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We arrived and found an empty house, no staff to welcome us or process our reservation.
A sign told us to phone a number. A young woman advised us to walk three blocks to register. We were totally at a loss for words, the facility was i inviting....nothing was inviting.
We went to "main building" expressed our displeasure. We were shown another room, it was better but we really felt unsafe.
We left and returned to Boston and immediately reported our experience to Living Social.com. We had bought a voucher for 2 nights from them, paid $269. Be advised about them also. We have not had any success in getting a refund or credit , given this disastrous experience.
Be advised, do not book in Brinley Victoria Inn,23 Brinley Ave. Newport RI.

I am sorry. This is the first negative review I have done. Sorry, but it was a very poor experience.
Perhaps the location would be a plus for younger people, but I am sure you can find a better place for the money.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank EdsoF
innsonbellevue, General Manager at Inn on Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

It is unfortunate we were not able to satisfy this guest during their stay to Newport. I do feel we made every effort to please them, even prior to their arrival to the inn.

I spoke to the guest personally prior to their arrival. She was concerned that the room needed to be very clean, and would not be happy if she found the room unclean. I assured her that the room would meet her expectations, and personally inspected it prior to her arrival.

When the guest arrived, she advised us she could not go up the stairs to the second floor. She needed a first floor room. This was never mentioned prior to her arrival, and there are no two bedded rooms on the first floor at the Brinley Victorian. Therefore, we moved the guest to a first floor Junior Suite at the Bellevue Manor. This is actually an upgraded room at a more expensive property.

The guest told my front office agent that "this is just not what they expected", and left. They never stayed.

I am happy to invite them back so they will not lose the value of the promotion that they purchased. If we were aware that they need a first floor room prior to their arrival, we would be in a better situation to reserve a room that better suited them.