America's Cup Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
$359
Travelocity
$356
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
$995
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 3, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Architect’s Inn for our honeymoon which coincided with restaurant week. We spent five luxurious nights at the Inn. The Rooms at the Inn are meticulously styled down to the lamp shades and bath rugs. Every room is uniquely beautiful and even the smallest room options appear to be larger than most B&Bs. Our room was the largest available and it was like a one bedroom apartment, we had an entry hall, a sitting room, and a BEAUTIFUL bedroom with antique four poster bed, settee, and fireplace. It was spacious yet very comfortable, we slept better then we do in our own home. The bathroom had a large glass shower and an original deep soak tub with a jet option, the bathroom is also very spacious. The room drips with romance and makes for a perfect honeymoon, romantic getaway, or much needed vacation.

This was our first B&B experice and if they are all like this one then we are sold on never staying in a hotel again. My partner and I both have special dietary restrictions and Nick and Brian were more then willing to accommodate and bend over backwards for us. Every morning we were served a slightly varied breakfast from the other guests, tailor-made for our specific needs. Every meal was delicious; additionally there was a fabulous Vegetarian bean soup that was served in the afternoon and to-die-for cookies available all the time.

The Inn location couldn’t be better, only a few blocks from the beach and a few blocks from the downtown area. Newport is a very walkable town so it is very important to be located near the downtown area. That said we spent more time on Broadway than Thames. Broadway is the less touristy part of town with far superior restaurants. Had it not been for Nick’s advice we never would have know to plan our meals around Broadway Street’s offerings. Every time we were planning our day at breakfast Nick would assist in where we should go and what to see and was more than helpful. Any suggestion he made turned out to be our favorite things to do in Newport. All the restaurants he suggested were top on our list.

We kept finding ourselves in long, easy, wonderful conversations with Nick which topped off our Architects Inn experience. Having made a new friend that made us feel so welcome and at home, we can’t imagine staying anywhere else in Newport. Architects Inn is now synonymous with Newport charm and hospitality and we will return here again and again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2010

My spouce and I stayed at the Architect's Inn in Newport, Rhode Island. It was a very beautiful old home with rich history. It is just a short walk to downtown which is good since there is very limited car parking downtown. The hosts, NIck and Brian were extremely hospitable. They knew more about the town than most people that have lived there forever. The B&B was very comfortable. Our room was huge and plenty of amenities. Great bed. Breakfast was so wonderful that we could have dined there breakfast, lunch and dinner. Both Nick and Brian were very interesting to talk with and they gave great advice on what to see and where to go in town. We have stayed at B&B's from coast to coast and this is certainly one of the best ones.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2010

and.....I mean that! I can't say enough about the 3 magical days I spent at Architects Inn in Newport, RI. It was their debut of the "Murder Mystery Weekend" and I was there to experience it!! Worth every penny I paid. Starting with my room which had a warm and cozy fire blazing away when I arrived and a bed so comfortable I didn't want to get up. But......knowing what was ahead, couldn't wait to begin the day, play acting as, "Beverly Harrison", Benefactor & Board member of the Metropolitan Museum of Fine Arts. For 3 days I got to be a rich, successful entrepreneur. I didn't want to return home to reality. In fact the first day I got home I was very crabby forgetting what real life was like. Bah hum bug! I want to go back to my fantasy world…..so, thanks Architects Inn for the time of my life.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank laurali39
Reviewed March 8, 2010

My fiancee & I joined an invite from one of my co-workers (actually Brian, one of the Inn's Owners though I didn't know that at the time! to the Architect's Inn first Murder Mystery Weekend. As I had always wanted to try one of these experiences, I accepted immediately! At that point my main focus was to have a fun experience being involved in the "Murder Mystery" experience and not necessarily concerned with the details of the Inn itself or expecting any outstanding "travel" experience. The "Murder Mystery" experience was absolutely BEYOND description and quite honestly the most fun I think I ever have had! I plan to write a review of that experience on the site of the company that actually provided it, the Beechwood/Beachwood (?) Theater Company as well as the Inn's site, if that's possible--if not--I'll write another one here! The friends we made we plan to keep in touch with! :-)

As far as the Inn goes...it is the most gorgeous of B&B's I have EVER stayed in...and there have been many! I rivals the best in Nantucket & the Vineyard as well as Newport itself. And it si so immaculate, and quiet, you feel almost like it's never been occupied! You really do feel like you are the only ones there! The common areas are just lovely...furnished with antiques yet completely comfortable & welcoming to just hang out in & relax. Also plenty of books, magazines & DVD's to borrow, if interested!

And the rooms...they look like they were decorated, and furnished, straight out of Better Homes & Gardens! Beyond gorgeous! (and I saw each & every one!) They look EXACTLY like the pics on the website, but in person are much larger and more lovely! EVERYTHING matches whatever the color scheme of the room is...the beds are incredibly comfortable...and most large & with canopies! All the fireplaces work, whether log burning or electric...and they even supply the logs! If you wanted a weekend filled with the "setting" for romance...this is the place! I had planned a getaway like that for myself & my fiancee in the near future, never realizing we would find it on this weekend!

Finally...the service & food! Nick, as referenced in so many other reviews, is just beyond words! His personality is charisma plus! He is soooowarm & witty & funny! He knows EVERYTHING Newport and is an INCREDIBLE resource for things to do & places to go! Most importantly he has a way of making you feel so welcome...like you are the most waited for ever guest! Somehow you can always find him yet when you don't need him you have your privacy. He is unforgettable!

The food cannot be put into words! Five Star is insufficient to rate it! You have NEVER, I guarantee, had breakfasts at a B&B of the sort you will have here! Just one example:: One morning there were these little egg cups (eggs perfectly prepared & seasoned) with the "cups" fashioned of little pieces of bacon! the home fries were melt in yoyr mouth (I didn't know potatoes could do that!) the OJ was fresh squeezed, the coffee freshly made AND there were numerous FRESH BAKED items like blueberry bread, cinnamon rolls, banana nut muffins, etc! I cannot even begin to describe the warm blueberry belgian waffle dish! the food alone is worth the trip!

And location! Walk to water, cliffwalk, mansions, Thames Street shopping, etc...also plenty off parking if you bring your car.

This place is 10 star all the way!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2010

My boyfriend and I celebrated Valentine's Day in Newport, and the gorgeous Architects Inn really made our stay. Nick, the innkeeper, was hospitality personified. Warm, friendly, and a font of information on all things Newport, Nick also saw to it that the absolutely scrumptious breakfast met my dietary needs. Upon returning to NY, I discovered that we'd left a few items at the B&B. I alerted Nick, and presto, the items arrived via the mail a few days later! Talk about beyond the call of duty. Thank you, Nick! Should we return to Newport, we'd love to return to the warmth and utter comfort of the Architects Inn.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple