“A lovely experience”

Architect's Inn - George Champlin Mason House
Ranked #43 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at Architect's Inn for 5 nights for a nearby work conference. I have nothing bad to say. From the moment we checked in and were given information on the area until the moment we left everything was great. We loved meeting all the different people at breakfast and not to mention Brian's wonderful breakfast. I wish I could of stuffed him in my suitcase but Nick wouldn't let me. Nick and Brian were superb hosts and I never expected that we would of left feeling sad as if we were leaving friends behind. They easily accommodated our requests for an upgrade and we were pleased with the suite that we got. To our luck a couple rooms were having some upgrades so we were given the Perry Suite. Beautiful! I really hope that we will get to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Architect's Inn - George Champlin Mason House

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The location is great. We had a superb bedroom which we loved. It was beautifully clean with a huge bathroom. We found the downstairs dark and gloomy and very clutered, but I am sure that a lot of people would like this as it is decorated in the original Victorian style. There was no choice at all for breakfast and it was a problem for me as I did not like the combination of flavours. There are wonderful wooden floors throughout, however it would have been nice to have been warned about no shoes as my feet got cold...but they often are cold !

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I found the Architect's Inn totally by luck. We will absolutely come back and we just hope they have room for us. This is the cleanest, classiest and friendliest bed and breakfast ever!!! We were treated like royalty and yet we felt like we were family. Nick and Brian are the coolest hosts and the information they share about all the hot spots to eat at and visit was priceless. Enough said because if I praise them too much they'll be booked for the next 20 years and we will not get a room when we want to go back. The best Inn and the tastiest breakfast. Merci to Nick and Brian.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We just spent three nights at the Architects Inn and we will be returning! This place has it all! Perfect location, great hospitality, and beautiful, cozy rooms! The breakfasts were plentiful, original and perfectly prepared; you will not be disappointed! Nick and Brian are wonderful hosts who go out of their way to ensure you're stay is comfortable and fulfilling. They are very aware of what Newport has to offer and will point out the best places for you to spend your vacation. Overall, staying at the Architects Inn made our vacation absolutely perfect and I recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the Newport area!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

A truly wonderful B&B. Spent a few nights here recently and was amazed at the level of service, the attention to detail in the rooms and throughout the inn and the reasonable rates. Add to this the fact that the entire Inn is immaculate, the bed in the Perry Suite was extremely comfortable and the bathroom very roomy. The house itself is gorgeous, with the outside property equally beautiful.

The location of this inn is wonderful as well. Close to just about every area of Newport - the mansions, the "downtown" area, the bayside/harborside, shopping, restaurants, etc.

Lastly, the owners Nick & Brian are incredibly friendly and helpful. They also offer delicious breakfast each morning and a nice plate of cookies and brownies for afternoon tea. All included in the room rate.

You cannot go wrong with this place where you get to meet other guests as well, and the next time I find myself in the Newport, RI area, I will definitely be staying here again.

Thank you gentlemen for a wonderful, comfortable, truly memorable stay.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were floored at the beauty of the Architect's Inn from the moment we walked through the front door. Every inch is decorated with antiques and the house itself is very well preserved (floors, wallpaper and doorknobs looked old but were very functional). Our room looked great (we immediately sent pictures to our friends) and was very comfortable (despite the Victorian foundation the bed was more comfortable than at home and the shower had excellent hot water pressure). Nick & Brian were wonderful hosts, providing a great breakfast each morning and great tips of things to do around town (all of which were a short walk away). We had a great time and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Architect's. Beautiful Old house (1873) !!! This house was decorated properly for the age of the home. It was beautiful, elegant...unique! It was very nicely preserved. We had a Standard room with private shower that was down the hall. We loved our cute room. Great Value. I loved our shower. It was modern with all kind of ways to spray yourself with water. Good location in Newport. Good parking. If the parking lot gets full, there is plenty of street parking on Sunnyside place. Nick, the innkeeper, was a great and friendly Guy. And for you superstitious folks...NO GHOST! lol Thank you Architect's Inn! We will be back some day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family