“Always beautiful and serene...”

Francis Malbone House Inn
Ranked #2 of 96 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We have been staying at the Malbone House for over 15 years. Every visit has been wonderful, from the courteous staff, the immaculate and romantic rooms and the delicious tea and breakfast. Will and his staff greet everyone as if they are family and your every request is met with a smile. My husband and I have spent special occasions there ( anniversaries, birthdays, etc.) as well as just a relaxing weekend away. One of my favorite Christmas gifts to recieve is a gift certificate to the Malbone House, which fortunately my daughters remember every year! We have given this as a gift to one of our best friends and the four of us will be there for the Chowder Festival in June. Tradition continues, as my daughter and her boyfriend will be staying here soon for her birthday. I highly recommend a stay here, no matter what the occasion......

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed April 23, 2010

Attention to seamless, painstaking detail is evident from the moment you step foot in this historic inn. Our room was immaculate; our breakfast sumptuous, and the grounds meticulously maintained. Quiet abounds; we slept like babies.
~ John & Kathy~

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Visit with friends every year, the accommodations are impeccable, the company courteous. Located among the bustling shops of Newport, the Melbone house provides comfort and character. Parking is convenient. a Saint Patricks weekend visit is not a bad idea!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I almost don't want to review this place that highly because I don't want more people to know about it! Great place. Great food. Great service. Will and everyone there are so accommodating and so pleasant. This was our 4th time there and every time is better than the last. Great location as well. I just can't say enough good things.

The food is excellent! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Qwerty1221
Reviewed April 9, 2010

My husband and I relaxed and decompressed at this warm and beautiful inn. Our courtyard suite was spacious and quiet. Breakfast was delicious with the choice of two entrees in addition to freshly baked goodies and fruits. The high tea really broke my diet! Most important is the warm and gracious staff that answered all questions, arranged reservations and suggested attractions that matched our interests. We will certainly return!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2010

my friend and i had a lovely spring weekend at the malbone house. friendly service, delicious breakfast, and the best surprise was the yummy afternoon tea. this was a perfect location for spending just a couple days in town - accessible to everything with shops, restaurants, and great harbor views just out the front door. we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2010

This is an excellant place to stay. I suspect it's one of he best places to stay in Newport.Location is handy.Excellant high tea and breakfast although breakfast could be earlier than 8:30 and offer more selections. Other places I've stayed offered up to six regular entrees and a special.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple