Francis Malbone House Inn
The Attwater(Newport)
Hotel Viking(Newport)
  • Restaurant
1,281 results
All reviewsafternoon teacourtyard roomcounting houseb bbeautiful courtyardsavory treatsmy husband and ihonor barthames streetplace to stayhigh teagourmet breakfastcookiesthe entire staffrooms are beautifully decoratedyogurtwithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed here and will never stay anywhere else but the Malbone for future visits to Newport RI. Charming, comfortable, and a wonderful staff. Leave your car parked for the whole weekend, shops and great restaurant all in walking distance. Love love love this place.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This was my first visit to Francis Malbone House and now I wouldn't go anywhere else. It's in an absolutely fantastic location in the center of Newport and I was able to walk to tons of restaurants and shops. Upon arrival I received a tour of the house and was offered suggestions of local restaurants and places to explore. I stayed in courtyard room #5. The room was both large and beautiful, the bed super comfy, and the fireplace was very cozy during the chilly evening. Afternoon tea and breakfast was wonderful. The Staff - in particular, Anna Maria, Sue, and Janet - are warm and welcoming and make each guest feel right at home. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone visiting Newport. My stay was everything I hoped it would be and more, and I look forward to visiting again soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a 2 night stay and would highly reccomend it. The Breakfast and Tea were great . The rooms were nice,roomy and very clean . The staff was very helpful in selecting and making reservations at area restaurants.Free parking and location were a plus. Our only complaint was that we were on the fist floor and the room above us on both nights ran the Jacuzzi Tub after Midnight which was very loud.They should have a policy no Jacuzzi after Midnight. Would stay there again and stay on second floor.

1  Thank AFJC32013
Reviewed April 26, 2014

It was a wonderful two day stay that we hated to see end. We cannot say one bad thing about our stay. Our room, Harborside Room 3, was perfect. We spent a lot of time selecting it from pictures on the internet. It was everything we expected. The room was large, the bed was comfortable (turned down at bedtime) , clean, and the fireplace was nice to have on the cool evenings we've been having.
Breakfast was the best. Day 1 we had the omlet which whas great plus the buffet items were good (we tried some of those too). Day 2 was something we never had before, well we've had French Toast before, but not as good as Malbone House French Toast. Yum yum. 3 o'clock goodies were excellent. Adding wine might help.

Room Tip: We viewed several other rooms when we were there and they all looked inviting. I don't think you could go wrong with any room at the Malbone House. There is no swimming pool or fitness center so I rated it average..
Reviewed April 25, 2014

What Can I Say, That I Haven't Already Said Before. Our 4th Stay There & Everything Stays The Same, In A GOOD Way. NEVER A Disappoint When We Go There, From The Elegant Breakfast, Quaint Rooms, Lovely Peaceful Courtyard, FABULOSO Afternoon Tea " I Know There Is No Word Fabuloso In The English Dictionary" & Last But Not Least The ENTIRE Staff From, Annmarie, Suzanne , Sue Our Very Sweet Server/Waitress, A Very NICE & Extremely Helpful Innkeeper I Just Met, Janet & Of Course Can Not Forget Will (Owner) Who Is WONDERFUL !! This Inn Is An ABSOULUTE Must If Staying In Newport. Counting The Days & Months Until We Go Back For Our 5th Stay & Will Continue To Go Everyear, If They'll Have Us...HI EVERYONE, Miss You Wonderful People Already :)

Room Tip: Any Courtyard Rm. C3 The BEST!!