“Absolutely a Perfect Experience”

Francis Malbone House Inn
Ranked #1 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 27, 2013

What an absolutely perfect experience. Staying at the Francis Malbone House was like taking a trip back in time with all the amenities of today. Rooms were impeccably furnished, bedding to adore, and hot water galore. I treated myself to a birthday present by staying at the House, and the staff treated me to chocolate covered strawberries in my room. It is so centrally located that one can get to anything by foot. The staff oozed hospitality. I felt like this was my personal house, but I didn't have to clean. The homemade breakfast and afternoon tea would make any culinary expert salivate! Have your pick--hot or cold food. This was my first visit, and I have decided I would not want to stay at any other inn in Newport.

Room Tip: The rooms on the street side are extremely quiet. Do not be afraid to stay in them.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jody d
Innkeeper02840, Owner at Francis Malbone House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Wow! You are such a great writer! Thank you Jody for the beautiful words ! We so enjoyed having you here for your birthday! The weather couldn't have been nicer (Yes, I'm still wearing shorts!) Have a great Fall-

Will

There are newer reviews for Francis Malbone House Inn

Reviewed September 26, 2013

From the immaculate accommodations to the perfect food and service our two night stay for seven women exceeded our previous stay three years ago. A Newport mansion itself with many rooms, high ceilings and beautifully restored woodwork it also allowed us to walk to dinners and lunch just as a city location should.

Room Tip: Pop for the antique mason house if you are a group of four if you can
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Francis Malbone house for two nights to celebrate our anniversary. Our stay could not have been better. The staff was extremely helpful and informative on what to do and see in Newport. The hotel is very well decorated and served a delicious breakfast as well as afternoon tea with so many treats! I am often nervous to stay at B&Bs because sometimes they can be a bit old and dirty. This was the furthest from the truth at Francis Malbone house. Everything was in top shape and it was very clean. They have a beautiful courtyard where you can have breakfast or or relax in the afternoon.

You also cannot beat the location, we were able to walk almost anywhere! We will definitely return if back in Newport!

Thanks so much for an amazing stay!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had an amazing experience at the Francis Malbone House. This is the first time I rented a hotel based on the reviews I read on Tripadvisor and now I feel confident I can rely on their recommendations. My experiences in the past with bed and breakfasts has been disappointing so I went into my weekend with low expectations and I walked away thinking to myself I will certainly come back here to the FMH. The hospitality of the entire staff was over and above the call of duty. I expected just a continental breakfast and pleasantly, to my surprise, we were waited on each morning with a choice of 2 breakfast entrees. The location is great as it is only a short walk to Banister Warf. Definitely 2 thumbs up!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I never got to go away last year for our 10 year anniversary, but this year I was determined that we would go somewhere......anywhere!!! I chose Newport, RI and decided to make a reservation at The Francis Malbone House. We were not disappointed! From the moment we checked in we felt so at home. I booked the Courtyard Suite at the back of the Inn. It was fresh and elegant, and still cozy, a "home" away from home. The huge four post king bed was so comfortable, we both said it was the best sleep we had in 8 years. (Probably because we didn't have any of our 3 kids in the bed) We had our own semi-private courtyard that we enjoyed each afternoon while enjoying treats from the afternoon tea. The chocolate walnut bars were amazing!!! Oh and the lemon yogurt bars! (Can I get the recipe?!) We enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning, including fresh fruit, breads, cereals and pastries. The central location of the Inn cannot be beat!! All the great shops and restaurants are within walking distance. The Innkeeper, Will, recommended 2 restaurants and even made our dinner reservations for us. Both were excellent! We had a great weekend and cannot wait to go back!!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our children gave us a gift certificate to the Francis Malbone House for our 40th wedding anniversary and it was a fabulous gift!
The Inn is just lovely, the staff warm and welcoming, and the Innkeeper, Will, was so helpful in getting us settled, making dinner reservations for us, and making us feel at home in this beautiful property.
Our room was elegant and very comfortable. The center courtyard was a little piece of heaven, beautifully landscaped, and the perfect setting to enjoy a wonderful breakfast. If you decide to stay at the Francis Malbone be sure to plan your day so that you are able to return to the Inn for afternoon tea and wonderful homemade pastries.
We had a fabulous weekend and we would not consider staying anywhere else when we visit Newport.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Inn is in a great location right in the heart of Newport. I loved walking every where. Will runs a fabulous facility and his entire staff emulates his impeccable performance and wonderful personality.

• Stayed: September 2013