Francis Malbone House Inn
The Attwater(Newport)
Hotel Viking(Newport)
  • Restaurant
1,281 results
All reviewsafternoon teacourtyard roomcounting houseb bbeautiful courtyardsavory treatsmy husband and ihonor barthames streetplace to stayhigh teagourmet breakfastcookiesthe entire staffrooms are beautifully decoratedyogurtwithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We love the Francis Malbone. We came here when we were dating, engaged and after we were married. Will and the staff are just the best! The breakfast is to die for! We came here in January 2012 during a snowstorm. It was just beautiful and welcoming. We love it!

Mike and Marilyn Hughes

Room Tip: All f fthe rooms are special in their own unique way.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Sometimes when you travel you are fortunate, or lucky, or blessed, or whatever you want to call it and you find a place that gets everything right. The Francis Malbone House falls into this very select category. Although this is the first review we have written for the Malbone House (and by "we" I mean my wife and I, not the royal 'we') we have stayed there on several occasions, most recently over our wedding weekend. Anyone who is married understands the stresses involved with wedding planning and execution and the importance of a space of quiet and comfort that abates, if not completely casts off, anxieties and worries. The Malbone House provided this in spades. The stunning decor of classic New England style settles guests into an era, a history preserved and embraced by Newport itself. Will, the proprietor, maintains the details of the House's long lineage, but does not ignore the need for modern creature comforts. Truly accommodating in every sense of the word, Will and his staff impart a traveling experience that cannot be matched anywhere in Newport, or many other cities for that matter. We stayed with many of our family members from all walks of life and each of them raved of their stay at Francis Malbone. Breakfast and afternoon tea are prepared by an outstanding chef everyday of the week, and the location could not be better with every destination accessible by foot. Any requests for reservations or activity information are provided by a staff member at all hours of the day and late into night. We could not have asked for anything more to make our wedding weekend perfect, but clearly it is not solely an inn for wedding parties. Anytime of year, for vacation, celebration or business, The Francis Malbone House raises the bar to almost unattainable heights. We will be returning soon, and for years to come, as it is the only inn for us.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms, but rooms on the backside of the house are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during our first trip to Newport. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were very good with plenty of food. Our room was beautifully decorated but a bit tight due to the large king size bed. The bed had an extremely hard mattress and was one of the only true negatives of our stay. Would stay here again but request a softer mattress :). All in all, a wonderful place!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have stayed at several Bed and Breakfast locals across the US and the Francis Malbone House was by far the best. The rooms, location, service, food, the way everything was decorated could not have been better. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. It was our first trip to Newport and staying at the Francis Melbone was the topper!

Room Tip: Every room we looked at was perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Innkeeper02840, Owner at Francis Malbone House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thanks,Ron, for the kind remarks. It was so nice to meet you both. I'm glad you enjoyed Newport!

Will

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Although I stayed at the Malbone for only 1-1/2 days, I would have to say that it was the most beautiful B and B I have ever experienced. My room was stunning, the breakfasts were amazing and the afternoon tea was absolutely wonderful. The parking was extremely accessible and made my life easier when loading and unloading. All in all, Will runs a spectacular establishment and I can't wait to bring my family with me next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business