All reviews carrot museum romana charles lilac room stained glass front porch my husband and i the cliff quiet neighborhood entire house is home away from home delicious gourmet wonderful stay private bath each morning within walking distance felt like home comfortable room
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We recently returned from a "girls get-away" to Newport involving an overnight at Armistead Cottage. Romana was the consummate B&B proprietor, providing us with a map, suggestions for local restaurants, and other activities. She is warm and gracious in her interactions with guests. Breakfast was absolutely scrumptious as an added bonus. The property is in a quiet residential neighborhood close in proximity to Bellevue Avenue. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. We will be returning, for sure! Armistead Cottage has the cottage charm we love when traveling..

Room tip: All rooms are well appointed and comfortable. Grounds are lovely and groomed. The front porch is inviting as well.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just returned from an extended weekend stay with my boyfriend and another couple. We love this inn. Located on a pretty , quiet residential street but still close to everything Newport has to offer. Romana & Charles were wonderful. They made us feel right at home. They were very friendly and really nice people that we had the pleasure of meeting. We enjoyed their recommendations on places to dine as well as activities. We loved sitting on the beautiful porch as well as the cozy living room. The inn was spotless and the rooms are very comfortable. It was a cooler weekend and we really liked the fireplace in our room. The breakfast was very good and we were all happy it was served at 9am. Late enough to enjoy sleeping in but early enough to have plenty of time to enjoy the sights. The carrot museum was awesome. It was a lot if fun checking out the vast collection. We will definitely stay here again on any future trips to Newport.

Date of stay: May 2013
Reviewed May 2, 2013

great place to stay the owners Romana & Charles were to much fun ! and let me tell you delious breakfast . my wife and i would defintly go back . Newport is a fun town with alot of history we had a blast !

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My boyfriend found this perfect gem while looking for a place to stay in Newport & I am so glad he did. We had a fantastic weekend! Romana & Charles are both wonderful people who make you feel welcome & at home. The rooms are beautifully decorated and 100% spotless. The breakfast was amazing, with fresh ingredients, & a splash of their unique taste. Romana was more than accommodating and made sure our coffee cups were never empty through out the entire breakfast. Her warm and charming personality was what made our weekend. My boyfriend could not have found a better place to stay! I can't wait to go back and visit very soon.

1  Thank Chelsea P
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have been to many hotels and motels and always wanted to write a review, but never got around to it. However, this one was too good to not let others know. My wife Rita and I spent four days at the Armistead. They were the pleasantest we have ever spent in any lodging. The breakfasts, accommodations, the attentiveness to all our needs, not to mention the entertainment at Sunday morning breakfast by Romana and Charles were all off the chart. We not only had a clean, elegant room, but also the cordial atmosphere we felt from the moment we arrived
at the Armistead. We could not have felt more at home if we were in our own home. If your plans are to be in Newport, R.I., and you are looking for a place to stay, I would strongly recommend that you consider the Armistead Cottage Inn. We came home from the Armistead just bubbling over with enthusiasm about it. We will definitely make this an annual trip. Super experience.

Room tip: Rita and I stayed in the Victorian Room, but there are all excellent.
1  Thank Tony G