Murray House Bed & Breakfast
Yankee Peddler Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
$239
$314
$295
Hotel Viking(Newport)
$246
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $291/night.

$479
Marriott Hotels
$499
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $554/night.

The Attwater(Newport)
$369
$424
$645
$835
$850
$775
All reviewsgarden roomkoi pondwater view suitemini suitecliff walkprivate patiopool hot tubshih tzumy husband and inice poolmy home away from homegreat vacationfolk festelectric fireplaceromantic roommansion rowquiche
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Almost missed this gem. Waited a day and a half to hear from the Innkeeper, Noreen, who apologized when she called and said she was recovering from recent surgery. Because of this, Noreen could not cook breakfast for us and promptly offered a nightly discount on the Garden Room...Suite! (Pun intended).
Must agree with all positive reviewers in saying how clean, how friendly, how helpful etc, etc. What I can add is that you must believe it is all true. I have left hotels and B&B's not up to what they claim. My kids never unpacked until I finished looking over a room first. I am not a pet owner nor would I usually stay in a pet friendly establishment. I never sensed that pets had stayed before me. Trust me on this, I would have known. Dogs are not allowed in the pool. I asked.
You will need nothing. Noreen thinks of it before you do. This is a quiet and restful place with immaculate gardens and waterfalls tended daily by the ever present and oh so helpful Barry. Easy to access major things you'll want to do like mansions, beach, Cliff Walk.
Look no further when you've found the treasure called Murray House.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carolantom
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The best about Murray House was that my kitty loved it. I never see him so happy and loveble. Noreen took good care of him when she went to our room. Unfortunaly we didn't have a chance to meet her personaly. The room was very nice, clean and confortable. The only thing I didn't like much was the TV. It's too small and my husband and I like to watch our favor shows before we fall sleep. And Barry was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Better in the Spring or Summer, so you can appreciate the garden and pool.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cuddyem
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Murray House twice now. Each time we brought along our dogs; a maltese and bichon. Both times we had an amazing experience. We recently stayed here over New Years, and when we arrived, Noreen (the owner) had left two small gift bags for our pups containing treats and a couple toys. She also left us a small tray of cheese and crackers. After a long drive, it was such a warm welcome.

The rooms are clean, service is great, and the grounds are beautiful. It's a quick drive to downtown, but also off the beaten path so the area is quiet. It's a short walk to Bellevue Ave, so it was nice taking our dogs for long walks. As a pet owner, it's difficult to find a nice, clean, and accomdating place to stay with animals. It's so nice to know that the Murray House doesn't have a million rules and regulations. They make our pets feel as welcome as we do, which is rare!!!

Prior to our arrival, Noreen sent several emails with things to do in the area, directions, and other misc. things we needed to know. I've never stayed anywhere else where we felt more welcome and appreciated.

Newport is such a dog friendly place, especially when the weather turns warm. We will be back in the spring with our fur babies and stay at the Murray House again for sure!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly A
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Once again Murray House was the perfect place for us to stay! We had a wonderful New Years Eve here AGAIN! Noreen is so sweet and so accomodating, I was shocked to see a bad review about her or the house. The view from the shedding pot is amazing. Noreen treats me and my boyfriend like old friends not to mention she is so sweet to our little chihuahua Millie. She even left her a wonderful little doggie care package! We love Murray House and Noreen and can't wait to come back in the Summer!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This bed and breakfast allows dogs, which is a great plus for us dog owners. The owner/operator was very accommodating and sent several emails prior to our arrival with instructions and recommendations. It is walking distance (1/2 mile) to the southern starting point of the Cliff walk. It's a similar distance to several of the mansions as well. It's only a mile from downtown Newport. The only negative is that we found ourselves constantly driving to the downtown area and trying to find parking, which is expensive and hard to find. Staying right in downtown would have been more convenient.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple