“Great Find!”

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Agawam, Massachusetts
“Great Find!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked a hotel in downtown Newport, it was our mistake we booked a week later! They had no room. So we looked at the Best Western Main Sail. It was less than half the price for an adaquate room, clean, and updated, and a pool to boot! What a Deal! The trip from hell turned
into a great vacation!

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and updated! The only problem was that it was so hot we had to run the a/c all n...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Stewartsville, New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at the Best Western Mainstay while attending a wedding in Newport, RI. This is a nice clean place to stay with plenty nearby if you need a quick meal or snack. And, not too far from the action in Newport. I didn't try the restaurant but it looked fine for a meal back at the hotel also. And, right across the street from the casino. I would recommend this for a few night stay. It also has a nice little pool if you're visiting in warmer weather.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
PARKER
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Received upgraded room when we mentioned we were celebrating my birthday. The refrigerator was not working and told front desk. Got back from dinner to find new frig. Prime rib awesome in restaurant and shopping conveniently nearby.

rutherford nj
Reviewed September 1, 2013

WOW Some of the reviews look like they were left by disgruntled former employees... So my expectations were very low AND that was a good thing. We usually stay in very fancy hotels...Our room had a King sized bed on the first floor ( We requested first floor since no elevator -would have to hump your luggage up the stairs) Our room overlooked the pool. The room above us had 3 little kids running around non stop (until 11PM ) and that became a little maddening.... You could hear all their running around BIG TIME ! We heard nothing from the adjacent rooms though. BUT overall I thought the place was decent.My fiancee thought it was gross and dirty though. Curtains were dirty and one window looked like it was spray painted over. Room had the funny disinfectant smell of a cheap hotel....Pool area was kept untidy with some trash and a few broken chairs SHE SAYS.... Back to my findings-I liked the pool-it was a good break on a hot Summer day after we did a tour of about 5 of the famous mansions ...(A must -do) I had NO trouble getting Wi Fi the 2 nights we stayed there. It had 2 completely fine ice machines (Contrary to other reviews I read...) SO,if you can overlook dirty curtains this place is decent ...(I saw absolutely NO SIGNs of cock roaches OR bugs AND our bathroom was perfectly clean...Maybe different parts of the hotel have better or worse maids and maybe bug problems???I dont know)

Room Tip: If you have giant heavy luggage like me -get a first floor room!! There is no elevator(At least i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris S
Connecticut
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel because it was the cheapest in the area & we weren't really going to be in the room that much. They are pet friendly, which is awesome, so we brought our dog & staff & guests were excited about her being there with us. The front desk staff was super nice & the shuttle driver was the best! We had appetizers in the hotel restaurant before going out on the town & the food was good. The room was dated & a little musty smelling, but I brought a candle because I had expected that due to other reviews. We saw no roaches or bugs like other people reported. The building & property were very quiet. My only complaint is that there were carpet spikes sticking out by the enterance in room & I cut my toe minutes after walking in, so watch your step. Overall I'd recommend this hotel. For being a Best Western it really isn't that bad as you'd expect. I'd stay here again.

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We love having a little get away in Newport. The Best Western provides us with a nice, clean place to stay just 2 miles outside of the down town area for a reasonable price. We like to hit the small casino across the street which you can walk to. On weekends they have entertainment. Add a couple friends and it equals fun.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Georgia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wow! A client booked this 'hotel' for me. I kid you not. It is as cozy as a crack house in the late 80's. Actually cried at how bad it was. Hair all over. Roaches. Live roaches in the ice machine. NO wifi!!!!!! Checked out at my own expense to stay somewhere lovely in Newport. DO NOT save a buck to stay here. Maybe if you are 17. It is terrible!!!!
I honestly hate to write a bad review, but would love to save someone this terrible time. :-(

1 Thank TallGalTravels

Travelers are raving about these Newport hotels