Mainstay Hotel & Conference Center
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
$246
Hotel Viking(Newport)(Great Value!)
$305
$263
  • Restaurant
Mill Street Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
$399
$289
$595
Travelocity
  • Pool
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
$650
$645
All reviewsdowntown newportattached restaurantrooms are largeoutdoor poolbeds were very comfortablecoffee makerrhode islandking bedfree parkingmicrowavewalmartricouch
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were happy and surprised when we arrived because we had been upgraded to a "suite" which had a sitting room separate from the bedroom. We had a beautiful view of the bridge. The mattress was a bit soft, the room was clean and quiet even though it's close to the casino. The location was quite convenient for touring Newport. Staff was very helpful with check in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank toluce
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at many Best Westerns and this was just OK. A little run down, especially the carpeting. My major complaint is that the internet in the wing I was in is absolutely AWFUL and I had to sit in the lobby for several hours to complete my work. I was offered to move but no one could guarantee that access would be any better on the other side so I didn't spend the time to repack and be re-annoyed. There is no smoking in the building so people stood outside the entry door smoking and I had to walk through a cloud of smoke every time I entered and exited. People were very nice and they do have a restaurant which is convenient. Quick access to the Navy Base is the primary plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie S
Reviewed October 20, 2012

After having to put off a spring trip to Newport we finally got there this fall. All I can say is every Beast Western I have been to meets my expectations. True the building seemed to have many wings / additions but where we were was clean and maintained.
Parking on the side by the restaurant got filled up each night so you may have to walk a bit if you are staying in the wing closest to the casino street. The location was perfect for visiting the casino each night. If you want action this is a very quiet location but they do have a shuttle service with a fee per person. There is a bar in the restaurant and the food was decent.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank njTravelJunkie222
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just got back from a week long fall vacation. We stayed our for three nights while we explored the Newport area. I was a bit worried when I started looking at the reviews but for about $72.00 a night plus tax I could not find another deal that came close so I booked. the front desk help was pleasant and efficient. Since we are rewards members we were upgraded to a suite. We had a very large room with king bed and a sitting area with couch and comfy chair. There was also a microwave and fridge. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had no complaints except that one sink had a slow drain but other then that all was fine. We did use the shuttle the first night but when we found out how close we were to downtown we did use our own car. We had breakfast two mornings and found the food and service to be very acceptable. While we may have been in the playground of the wealthy we are not so this was a great option for us. We spend more time outdoors then we do in the hotel and we consider this hotel a good choice for us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wifey21
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This ramshackle structure is easy to get lost in. It seems designed specifically to accommodate busloads of tourists deposited there each evening. It is well worn and a tired around the edges and in the middle on occasion, as well. The beds are comfortable enough. The linens and towels are fine. There is a "Steakhouse" on site that reminds those of us who remember Greyhound stations of that experience. Tried the breakfast and somehow the cook managed to get the easy over eggs served cold. The server forgot my spouse's bacon and returned with several limp and tepid pieces of soggy pork. There is nothing specific to recommend this place other than price and location for those visiting Newport. There is nothing to not recommend this place if one needs only a room for sleeping and reconnoitering the area.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the balcony rooms and you can enjoy a bit of air and a view of the parking lot; more importantly they are close to the reception and easy to find. Actually we did enjoy fireworks from the balcony during our visit--apparently from a tour ship in the harbor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple