“Great location.”

Ranked #20 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Bouchard's location is convenient to everything. You can park your car in their and walk everywhere. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the morning breakfast is delicious. I'd stay there again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Larsarus L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

Our second visit here for a birthday dinner and overnight stay was 5 stars again! Our room was comfortable and dinner by chef Albert was scrumptious. The in town location is in the midst of everything which makes it easy to walk everywhere.
We enjoyed the freshly baked warm pastries and delicious yogurt with fruit and nuts delivered to our door by elves :-)... a nice touch for a quick breakfast.
Despite our late evening arrival (and last minute change) Sarah was very accommodating. Love your adorable new addition - Vegas the puppy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AmyCurt
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

We traveled to Newport in August and could not find a room with an online search. I had given up on staying in town and had booked a room at a terrible highway motel. While searching for a place to dine I found the Bouchard Inn and discovered that they had rooms though I had not found them advertised on Newport lodging lists. We were delighted with the discovery. The rooms are quaint but small. The bed and linens were extremely comforatable, breakfast and dinner were both excellent. I would recommend the inn to friends. It's central location to a variety of dining options as well as walking distance to the Newport mansions made the choice a perfect one for us. I'd be happy to make a return visit in hte future.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about noise from the street ask for a room at the back of the Inn.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leslie E
Portsmouth, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

We enjoyed both the Inn and a night of dinning. I can't say enough about how fantastic our experience was. Every morning we were greeted with a continental breakfast that was presented perfectly and delicious. The room was amazing, so cozy and just beautiful. Dinner was just amazing from appetizers to desserts. The staff was very attentive and made us feel as if we were the only ones in the restaurant although it was full of other dinners. Definitely 5 star dinning! Don’t leave Newport without the experience.

Room Tip: The have pictures of the rooms on line so take a look and see which one fits your style. There are r...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DAG117
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Overall, we had a very pleasant experience at the inn. The room was clean and recently updated, and you can't beat the location. The hosts were very personable and eager to help, which is always nice to see. We didn't eat at the inn, but it definitely smelled good when we walked by. We would definitely stay at Bouchard again, and would also recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Harbor House
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thegreek80
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

...and, most importantly, the food is quite good. I had the striped bass and it was excellent.
I appreciated that, though it's an upscale place, the atmosphere is not at all formal or stuffy. Very friendly. Will return!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WordGirl1968
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

First, I must say, my husband and I are used to staying at timeshares and multi-room resorts. I wanted to stay at an inn because we never had before, and it seemed romantic (and because that was what we could afford in Newport in the summer). Well, I liked the fact that it was very personal-- quaint, cozy, etc. There was no hotel or resort style check-in line, and I got to meet the owner personally as well as other guests. Mrs. Bouchard and the other staff I met were very friendly and inviting. We stayed in the Windward room, which besides having the ugliest wallpaper I've ever seen in my life, was a nice room. We had a place to sleep (queen bed), we had a private bath (which was well taken care of) and we had a light breakfast in the morning (fresh pastries, parfait, oj, coffee). The pastries were quite tasty, but not particularly filling. My husband was a little disappointed with the breakfast and was looking for "an actual meal" (I think he was expecting bacon and eggs) . So if your husband is a muscular 6'2" and 240 lbs. like mine, keep in mind that you'll probably have to go eat breakfast after you eat breakfast, as we did. It would be nice if a fridge and microwave were added to the Windward room (I think some of the other rooms have them-- but they should be standard). The room was clean and the bed faces the windows. After looking at the website, I was under the impression that the Windward room had a harbor view. Yes, it is facing the direction of the water, but the view is of the gravel parking lot. At least you can keep an eye on your car. From what I could tell, none of the rooms in the main inn have a view of the water. Overall, this inn met our needs. We slept late, but were out and about for most of the day, so we really just needed a place to sleep, and this was sufficient for that. No staff were around at check out time, which was slightly inconvenient. They seem to work around the restaurant schedule, not the inn.

Room Tip: Book early or in the off season for a good room and good rates. Book online.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple