Historic Hill Inn
Hotel Viking(Newport)(Great Value!)
$297
  • Restaurant
Mill Street Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
$399
$385
Travelocity
$535
Orbitz.com
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
$550
Orbitz.com
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
$329
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbrowniecarry our bagsseparate entrancebed was very comfortablenew englandminute walkbowen's wharfone night stayyogurtdowntown newportdonnahostsbanister
Reviewed December 14, 2009

This is our favorite place to stay in Newport!

Donna and Richard are great hosts. The building is located perfectly. It is just a couple of minutes walk to either Bannisters Wharf and Thames St or to Bellevue Ave, but it's on a nice quiet street so you don't get bothered by all the kids partying on weekend nights.

This is without a doubt the best value for a B&B in Newport. We have looked at other B&B's and they either charge too much or are located much further from the center of things. This is the main reason we stay here.

The house is very clean and the rooms are very well decorated. Breakfast is pretty simple with cereal, muffins, toast, etc. Richard and Donna will sit with you and help plan your day.

They also have free parking which is a HUGE benefit in Newport. We can park the car and walk pretty much everywhere right from the house.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skivt72
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I would definately stay again!! Innkeepers were super nice and very accomodating.
The inn is very clean and tastefully decorated.

Perfect location, walking distance to all the great restaurants, shops, and night life.

Parking area attached which made parking very convenient.

Resonable rates.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My husband and I recently visited Newport, RI and we stayed at Historic Hill Inn. While I don't usually write reviews on places that I stay at, I truly felt it was necessary to comment on my stay here. My experience was one that I truly won't forget in a hurry. I truly was impressed. This inn was unbelievably clean. You could literally eat off the floor. The Inn keepers, Donna and Richard, truly displayed nothing shy of the utmost professionalism. They were extremely pleasant to deal with, and they went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one. They offered information about the town and little perks that would benefit us that we would never have known about. Their prices are competitve with the rest in the area as we did our homework before booking our stay. The location of this inn is perfect, we never needed our car. We could walk everywhere. The inn has it's own driveway, we didn't have to park on the street, which is narrow. The decor in this inn was one that was so perfect and so cute, sort of victorian style. Extremely homey. The room was comfortable and very clean. Bed was very comfortable. You can tell Donna and Richard take great pride in their business and go out of their way to make their customers nothing shy of overly satisfied. I will go back to this inn in a heartbeat, will never consider staying anywhere else. I would recommend this inn withoiut hesitation to anyone wanting to visit Newoprt. RI

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My boyfriend and I had never stayed at a b&b before so were were skeptical. We stayed here because every other place was either booked or way too expensive, even though this place was $229/night plus tax for the king room, BUT parking was included in her driveway which was huge because all the other inns had their customers parking in the street that was REALLY narrow. The parking alone, was wonderful.

Would we go back? Probably not because we found some other places that were more expensive, but right in the heart of Newport. If you like the b&b experience, don't want to spend too much, but want walking distance to downtown, definitely stay here.

The house is old, circa 1839, and it smells like it. Our room was very clean, as was the house. We had our own bathroom and it was small, but was just fine for the one night we stayed.

Donna, the owner, was very knowledgeable about the surrounding area.

I would recommend staying here if you like that kind of accomodation. We are used to staying in a hotel, so this wasn't the best, but it was perfect for what we were doing.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bluemoon32402
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Very nice hosts and very cute B & B. I had a huge tub and plenty of hot water. My bed was comfy and the breakfast spread was small but lovely (I'm not picky).

Handy little parking lot right next to the Inn was great and it had free wi-fi in the house - an unexpected perk! The location of this place is pretty terrific and a main selling point of the Inn.

Only mild complaint was that they didn't have new full shampoos and bar soap in the bathroom, that seemed a little cheap to me, but I survived somehow :)

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo