“The only thing better than the place are the people”
Review of Historic Hill Inn

Historic Hill Inn
Ranked #34 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
“The only thing better than the place are the people”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Donna and Richard were wonderful hosts and helped to make us feel like we were at home for our 5 day stay. They are very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and are incredibly accommodative. We look forward to coming back!
Ps. Love Brownie the dog!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank SaraC2611

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Hebrew first
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family stayed at the Historic Hill Inn this past summer. We are from Virginia and we were very fortunate to find a great place to stay during the busy season. We stayed in 2 bedrooms and we also had a private family room with our own entrance. The hospitality of our hosts, Richard and Donna was amazing. We felt very comfortable and right at home. The location was also fantastic and the price was reasonable. Very good continental breakfast too! Thank you Donna and Richard ! We would stay again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathleen K
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I was welcomed into the historic hill inn by donna and Richard. Wonderful people with great conversation to say the least. Their continental breakfast was delicious as well as complimentary and their hospitality was most evident. Relatively inexpensive and beyond worth it for the location alone. If I am ever in Newport again, I will be sure to stay at the historic hill in. A home run for sure

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Roaminggnomme
red bank, nj
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I and another couple celebrated their anniversary at the Historic Hill Inn last week-end! This is one of the best inns we have ever stayed at! Our hosts, Donna and Richard provide their guests with every amenity. And they do it with with such expertise. They know everything about Newport! Our room was very comfortable and squeaky clean.
If you are looking for comfort and a convenient location, Historic Hill Inn is the perfect place to stay in Newport

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank runbettsrun
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband, 5-year old son and I stayed here for two nights. We were greeted by Donna and their old beagle, who showed us to our room. Donna then sat down with me and showed me a map of the area and recommended various restaurants and walking routes. We were a quick walk from the harbor/downtown area, and each morning my son and I would walk down the hill to the Coffee Grinder for a cappuccino (for me) while we watched the boats. Location couldn't be better.
Value - everything else in the area was more expensive. June isn't even high season but every hotel room "downtown" was $250 or more. I think we got a rate around $150 including parking (which is a huge plus here - a real parking lot!) and breakfast.
The room - lots of victorian frill, which isn't my thing, but it was pretty, clean and spacious, with a large bathroom.
In summary, a nice, friendly place with good value. We'd stay again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tdijetta
burlington, vt
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We went to Newport on the spur of the moment on a Friday afternoon of the weekend of the Jazz festival and where afraid we wouldn't find a nice place withing easy strolling distance (we have a 14mo old) of historic area/wharfs that we could afford. The visitor's center highly recommended the Historic Hill Inn, so drove over--only a five minute drive. Richard, the owner, greeted us warmly and showed us our room, a large second floor room with a king bed and lots of light. It was super clean with great comfy chairs and nice decorations. Richard offered to help us bring up our luggage, took a spare bed out of the room, and moved assorted antiques out of baby's reach. Then he gave us a whole bunch of great suggestions for restaurants and where the natural food store was and about the Cliff Walk, beaches and mansions--very helpful. It's great to have parking and be so close to Thames st., Spring st., the waterfront. The breakfast was very good for a small B&B. Donna and Richard were some of the most friendly and helpful inn-keepers I've encountered, and that made our stay all the better. Last, but not least, it was a great price--for any location in Newport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gregory g
Lindenhurst, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed for two nights July into August 2012. Everything about our stay was great. The accomodations, parking, location, and especially our friendly and very helpful hosts, Donna and Richard.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple