“Enjoyable in every way!”
Review of Newport Blues Inn

Newport Blues Inn
Ranked #22 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 8, 2009

My family (six of us - three couples) decided to stay on the top floor of the NBI while in Newport for a wedding. The setup was perfect for us as we also had access and sole use of the common sitting room and kitchen on this floor. Our innkeeper, Pam, gave us great sightseeing recommendations, service, and cooked delicious breakfasts every day. In comparison to rooms at the hotel where the wedding was held, ours were remarkably better (other guests were complaining about the price and size of their rooms.) Furthermore, the NBI is located central to downtown Newport and it was very easy for us to get around Newport on foot. On top of it all, you get free passes to the Newport Blues Cafe that has great live music!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed May 26, 2009

Returned for my birthday weekend this year after staying here for the first time in May 2008. Had the Sachuest Suite again...very nice room with separate living room and small private balcony overlooking Pelham Street (the balcony could use a little TLC...hadn't been cleaned and the chair cushions were really dirty but we figured since it was early in the season perhaps they hadn't gotten to it yet.....Very spacious bathroom that is spotless as is the entire room. The bed is one of the most comfortable my husband and I have ever slept in! Great full breakfast (Pam and Laura Lee are awesome) and a wonderful location. Love the Newport Blues Inn.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here in March 2008 on a trip around New England. We were originally staying in Newport for just one night, and I can't remember how we decided on the Newport Blues Inn, but I'm so happy we did!! We both don't have a ton of money, and since it was the low season we were offered a great deal, and once we got there Lisa and Garry were so friendly and made us feel like it was our own house! They even let us upgrade to a better room for free!

The breakfast was excellent and the rooms were beautiful.

Later in our vacation we had 2 days where we didn't have plans, so we came back to Newport and spent another night at the Newport Blues Inn! It was great, and we'd definitely come back again!!!

Thanks guys!!!

Lori and Roddy

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2008

My husband and I had the most wonderful stay at the Newport Blues Inn, located in Newport RI in May of this year 2008.
We have never stayed at a B&B before, but this one was outstanding! The rooms were emmaculate, the staff was utmost professional and very accommodating to us. The breakfast was delicious. It felt just like being at home. Thanks again for a welcoming stay and we'll be making plans to visit again.

Reviewed June 4, 2008

We recently visited Newport, Rhode Island, & stayed at the Newport Blues Inn. The management & staff were very friendly, the accomodations were great (very comfortable bed), & the breakfast's were delicious & different every day. I would recommend The Newport Blues Inn to anyone who wants to stay at a home away from home.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 2, 2008

What a terrible disappointment. I was welcomed by someone on a cell phone who gestured me into my room and mouthed a few things to me while holding the cell phone still to her ear. Breakfast was of very poor quality and the breakfast "galley" opens into a business office where you can see the workers sitting with their feet up and talking about who will go to do the "[--] [--] with the guests" at that nights' wine and cheese reception. Then our dirty dishes were stacked and in the same moment the hands went to take more muffins out of a muffin tin to put out. No class, no graciousness, no charm. For $250 a night I want it to be better than home not worse.

3  Thank north4Maine
ppeck, General Manager at Newport Blues Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2008

As General Manager of the Newport Blues Inn, I personally take great pride along with our entire NBI family, in seeing the 149 wonderful reviews by you, our guests, who speak of the amazing times spent together with us here at the Newport Blues Inn. How gratifying it is to hear when we have made such a positive impact on your vacation that you take the time to enter a very complimentary review for us.

However, here I find myself unfortunately responding to our first review that is of the opposite nature. I find myself both very upset over the comments that describe a stay experience unlike any of our other reviews and unlike our Inn and family team entirely, and so I must admit it confuses me as well.

I've always learned though that all feedback is great feedback and I'm so very thankful to have the opportunity to not only know when we have gone above and beyond, but also hear when there is need for improvement as this review has pointed out, and make any changes necessary to ensure that it's never repeated.

Thank you so much for reading and writing reviews as guests of the Newport Blues Inn. Your wonderful comments, (and constructive feedback as well), allow us to always raise the bar in continuing to provide a get-away experience that aims to exceed your vacation expectations!

Lisa, Garry and the entire Newport Blues Inn Family

Reviewed May 28, 2008

I had booked a room at the Pearls of Newport on Expedia about a month in advance, but upon arrival was told that there was no record of my reservation (even though my credit card had been charged) and that no other rooms were available. Given that it was a long weekend (Memorial Day) I was worried about not finding other accomodations, but thankfully the Newport Blues Inn which is just a few doors up had a vacancy sign. I stopped in to inquire about the rooms and was greeted by Mary, who is very gracious and sweet. We ended up taking the Emerald Suite at the Jewels and loved it. The room is large and beautifully appointed, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom luxurious. Everyone we encountered at the Newport Blues was very friendly and helpful. I asked Gary for recommendations on activities, etc. at breakfast and he was amazing. Overall we had a great time and would definitely return to the property on our next visit.