“rude”
Review of Gansett Cruises

Gansett Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Gansett Cruises - Harbor Tours, Sunset Cruises and Private Charters from Newport Harbor, Rhode Island. Cruise in Comfort Aboard M/V Gansett and enjoy a 90 minute narrated harbor tour with a complimentary Rhode Island taste treat. On your Gansett cruise you'll break away from the typical rushed harbor tour to offer a quiet, relaxing and delightful historic cruise through Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay's East Passage on our comfortably cushioned and sun-shaded deck, or our top 'sunny side' deck. Our guides are enthused to share the legends and rich history of the famous "city by the sea" - home of the legendary America's Cup 12 meter boats and gilded-age mansions.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband went early to buy tickets and was greeted by a disrespectful guy. Instead of simply saying I do not sell tickets please come back in about 20 minutes and someone will be happy to help you, we would of been fine. But instead he gruffly said come back in 20 minutes. Sorry we wanted to spend our money taking one of your cruises. Did enjoy ourself one another cruise.

1  Thank TDZ
RIJohn, Guest Relations Manager at Gansett Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I’m sorry to hear of your unfortunate and totally unwarranted greeting before the Gansett ticket booth opened for the day. The worker on the boat was trying to get ready for a charter trip going out shortly before the ticket booth was to open – but that is no excuse for his response to your husband’s inquiry. I’m sure that once you do go out with us on the Gansett you’ll agree with the many other positive reviewers. Thank you for alerting us.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had a great time today on the Gansett! I highly recommend them for touring the harbor. The staff is friendly, the boat is clean and not over crowed. It is open for all to look out and there is not a bad seat on the boat!

3  Thank Sgrass3
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I took the sunset cruise with a group of business associates and it was truly delightful especially with Susan the narrator who did a wonderful job telling us about everything we were seeing. We all live in Newport and yet we all learned a couple of things we didn't even know so that was a treat too. Newport has a magnificent harbor that is truly unique since there is so much architectural beauty to be seen plus you can see amazing boats close up that are astounding in their grandeur. Everyone should do a Newport harbor tour, even locals - and the Gansett is a wonderful way to do it.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The day started out chilly and drizzly but by the time we boarded the sky cleared and the sun was shining brightly. Our narrator, Susan, shared a plethora of information and was very entertaining. We saw many luxury liners as well as old fishing vessels, light houses, mansions and Fort Adams.
The cruise lasts for 90 minutes and RI coffee shakes and Dell lemonade is served complimentary. If you take this cruise you will enjoy it very much.

2  Thank Joyce C
Reviewed September 17, 2013

****WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY*****

I purchased a DEAL from AAA and decided to plan to go Sep 7th. Began calling that week to make a reservation and kept getting VM. I even called the 7th while on our way and left a message that we were planning going on the 6:30pm cruise and to please call me ASAP if that would be a problem. Never received any call back. After finally finding parking, we made our way to the dock earlier in the day to make sure we were all set. This is where we met Trevor who was sitting under an umbrella with a computer and a couple of cell phones. He asked if we had a reservation as they were sold out for the day. I explained to him how I had been calling - even that day - and never got a live person or a call back. He stated he did not have any message from me. I showed him on my phone all the times I had called and he kept stating that he did not receive any message from me. I took and dialed the number from my cell that I had been calling all along, and the cell on the table began to ring. So we both knew I had the correct number. At that point he said all we could do was to make a reservation for the next weekend - Sept 14. However, due to the sun setting earlier, the trip would leave at 5:30pm. We decided to go ahead and make the reservation since the DEAL was expiring on 9/18.

On Sept 14 we once again made our way to Newport. Parking was even harder and more $ since the boatshow was going on. We paid $30 to park the car and went down to the dock by 5pm. Once again, we were met by Trevor who asked if we had a reservation. I told him that HE made it for us last week after the disaster. He stated he remembered us, but the 5:30pm trip had been canceled so they could do a private charter. He stated that EVERYONE had been called - no one called me. I asked to see "the list" that they called everyone from and was told that it was "at the guys house" that did the calling. This was absolutely crazy. I told him I needed to speak with a Manager or Owner and he told me that no one is available. I asked him to call the owner for me and he informed me that he was "on the water driving" and cannot take calls. I left my name and phone number for Jeff O'Brien - the owner - to call me. As of this time, I have not received a call at all from anyone. Terrible way to do business.

4  Thank snapette

We appreciate your taking the time to document your unfortunate experience with reservations on the Gansett. The boat has been leaving full especially on weekends and thus it is important to always make reservations ahead of time, either by phone or online. How the individual handling phone reservations unfortunately lost your information is inexplicable. This has never happened before.

We were glad to hear AAA refunded your payment in full and, as we informed you, the Gansett would like to offer you two complimentary tickets for a future trip so that you may experience our harbor tour either this year or next. Once on board, I'm sure you'll agree with the countless other guests who have given us such positive reviews.

Been to Gansett Cruises? Share your experiences!