“The Fluke is No Fluke”

Fluke Wine Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Fluke Wine Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 235 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Banisters Wharf & America's Cup Ave
Transit: Bowen's Wharf
Description: Our menu of snacks, small and large plates changes daily, capturing the best seasonal ingredients. Enjoy scenic views on historic Bannister's Wharf. Award winning cocktails and wine list.
Newtown
“The Fluke is No Fluke”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Fluke Wine Bar & Kitchen is no fluke. It is a genuine restaurant that is flexible in its approach to food and drink, as well as the way it accommodates dinners, even solo guests. Tucked into historic Bannister's Wharf, the Fluke is a great place to meet for an excellent dinner, a cutting-edge cocktail or tasty dessert with dessert wine, or as is my taste, a snifter of cognac. I visited in mid-May on a busy graduation weekend. I called for seating available the same day, and they had no problem making room for me. The food was excellent and the service outstanding. The Fluke is the kind place where everyone from the owners to the servers take an interest in your dining experience. As a single customer, I decided to eat at the bar. I had local oysters for an appetizer and fresh sword fish as a main course. I was not disappointed. I also had a their own take on a bourbon Manhattan for an opening cocktail and later a nice white wine from their extensive wine list with the sword fish. Overall, the Fluke was a very good experience, and one that I would recommend to others and repeat myself. Now, I wonder if they serve fluke?

• Visited May 2013

New York
“Third Visit”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Fluke is a fresh modern approach for the culinary palate. Dennis, the waiter, was very helpful and knowledgeable in the fine wine and food selection. Enjoyed the seasonal ingredients infused throughout their signature drinks, dishes and desserts. The exceptional coconut panna cotta was light with a different twist. It ended a perfect dining experience on a hot summer evening. Surrounded by a very nice approachable staff and atmosphere. We lucked out with a beautiful sunset view overlooking the harbor on the top floor bar area.

1 Thank Virginia508
sarasota
“Raw chicken”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We arrived at 6 PM on a Tuesday without a reservation, but, we were given a nice table by the window. We ordered a small plate "grilled vegetable tart" and a large plate "chicken with chick peas and spinach". The tart was delicious.. The chicken was great until I cut into the leg, which bled all over the plate. It's not that hard to cook chicken - the breast cooks more quickly than the leg. A different server saw the problem and whisked the meal away. However, we were charged for the inedible chicken, After having to argue with our server, who was quite rude, the chicken was removed from the bill. Even so, we ended up going to a restaurant at our hotel where we had great service and good food.

Boston
“Excellent dinner experience”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our B&B recommended Fluke so we headed down on a Tuesday night and enjoyed an outstanding dinner, one of the best I have had in a long time at a restaurant. I had the sea bass which was perfectly cooked, and the summer vegetables and sauce was light and a perfect blend of flavors - superb! My husband ordered a barley risotto, another excellent dish and I am not a risotto person. Wish we lived nearby, I would become a regular. Sadly, we missed out on the oysters because we are used to ours raw and chose not to order, but apparently it is a signature appetizer and not to be missed.

1 Thank Touchbase
Long Island, NY
“Newport Gem”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great little place right in the middle of all the goings on down by the wharf in Newport. Food, service, atmosphere all first rate. The crispy oyster appetizer was outstanding. A fun place with good food, what more could you ask for ?

1 Thank PnM53

Been to Fluke Wine Bar & Kitchen? Share your experiences!