“Terrible Experience Save your $$”

Fluke Wine Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Fluke Wine Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 239 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Banisters Wharf & America's Cup Ave
Transit: Bowen's Wharf
Description: Our menu of snacks, small and large plates changes daily, capturing the best seasonal ingredients. Enjoy scenic views on historic Bannister's Wharf. Award winning cocktails and wine list.
Plymouth MA
“Terrible Experience Save your $$”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stay Away...Our greeting was welcoming, however, it all went DOWNHILL after that. There was 1 other table besides ours on a Monday 10/15/12, but a group of co-workers in a separate area. Apparently they were all the chef could handle. We ordered a bottle of wine, which was reasonable. We wanted to order an app and have some wine, but rudely told by our server we had to order all our food at once. The server was curt and not accomodating. When you are paying $34-$36 for your entree, you expect some appreciation for your being there. With a N Y Sirloin I asked why no starch and was told by the Mgr. that was the way they do it. The bill even requested the tip in cash. The BEST part was the person checking water, etc. She was very pleasant. PERHAPS the others could learn from her about being nice.

1 Thank nejorob

Mahwah
“Delightful”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The small plates were a welcome choice as we were able to try many different dishes. The octopus & squid were very wonderful. The beet salad was pretty and tasted good too. The charcuterrie had some great selections to choose from. Don't miss.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ann P
Long Island
“I've Seen It Before...”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

....when a fabulous wait staff is brought down by a megalomaniacal owner (or manager, but if they hired this wreck to manage, then the owner is STILL at fault). As hard as they tried, there was no wrenching success from the craw of failure that permeates this garbage scow. 1 1/2 hour waits for food, the waitresses walking around on eggshellls, the owner screaming at customers who tried to open a window when the inside temperature reached close to 80 degrees...horrible. The shoe that broke the cockroaches back was when one of the husbands at the table who tried to open the window told the owner how offended he was at her behavior. She said, "GET THE F#@$ OUT OF MY RESTAURANT". Really?!?!? REALLY!!!
In a town that has some of the best eating and drinking establishments around, there is no need to put up with THIS kind of treatment.....and the food was sub-par to boot.

PS-They charge you $20 a head just to make a reservation, so your natural fight or flight instinct is quelled by the prospect of losing $120 bucks by walking out. Now I know why they do this.

5 Thank TrumpetofDestiny
rhode island
“Extremely Rude Manager/Owner”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I can not believe someone like that is in customer service. I will no longer go or recommend Fluke to any one. The level of rudeness the woman showed was uncalled for and down right shocking! She was so condescending that for her to be in charge and working in the hospitality industry is a disgrace. Now I can see why people claim that Customer Service is a dying industry; I work with a lot of hotels and hospitality venues in Rhode Island and I will be sure to spread the word of this unfortunate incident. If she spoke to my party that way, I can only imagine how she speaks to other guests when they have a problem.

4 Thank HospBot39
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“An adorable place in Bowen's Wharf”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had an executive off-site dinner at Fluke after an afternoon of sailing. We sat upstairs in our own room. Cute atmosphere. The place was hopping on a weekday evening. Seemed to be a place for the Newport locals.

Lots of specialty drinks - my colleagues tried many of them. Nice wine selection - I don't drink wine so I didn't taste any of the bottles we tried.

I had a delicious steak and a nice salad.

A little pricey but probably not for Newport.

From the top floor, we had a GREAT view of the wharf.

• Visited September 2012