“Delicious food, amazing portions, awesome location!”

The Gas Lamp Grille
Ranked #63 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here for lunch upon arriving in Newport. We were looking at the menu outside when a woman walking in told us how we wouldn't be disappointed with the food.. I decided to trust her opinion and happy I did so! I ordered the lobster mac and cheese and almost finished the entire (HUGE) portion.. with the help from my boyfriend. They didn't skimp on the lobster at ALL! My boyfriend got the spicy fish and chips which he also enjoyed. Our waiter was on top of everything and friendly. Atmosphere was very nice as well and location right off Thames Street! Come here!! I'd be shocked if you are unhappy with your experience!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The gas lamp grille was close to our hotel and had a decent kid menu selection so it seemed like a good choice. The staff was very friendly and the food was good. My only complaint is the margarita was terrible. For the price it was very very disappointing..

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I stumbled across this place as we crossed the street onto Thames St. We stopped in and got the lobster quesadilla and the lobster Mac and cheese. Both were fantastic! Our waitress was great and a cool atmosphere if you're looking for somewhere casual to grab a bite to eat! Definitely worth a stop in!

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience! Fabulous food and superb service from the very kind, welcoming hostess to a great waiter. We had the crab cakes and clam chowder as appetizers. The crab cakes were loved by all 8 members of our table, which included some finicky children. The clam chowder is a different variation from the typical NE clam chowder, a little spice, but very tasty! Everyone loved their dishes. I had the Surf N Turf, with scallops. It was absolutely delicious! My husband loved the baked cod. The chicken parmigiana was enjoyed as was the Tuscan pasta by others at our table. Having traveled around the world, we tend to find many restaurants, even with rave reviews as disappointments. This was a gem to find! We will be back!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I would never visit this restaurant again, the food and the service were terrible...never again! Do not waste your money and time, is expensive and the quality and taste of the food is really bad.