“My first time sailing:)”

Sailing Excursions Adirondack II
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We sail from early May to Mid October. Our spacious 80' pilot schooner can take as many as 57 guests sailing on Narragansett Bay. During the summer months we go out 5 times daily, starting at 11 AM, for 1.5 hour sails. Our boat is Coast Guard certified and equipped with 2 rest rooms. Sit back, relax and enjoy the quiet beauty of the coastal scenery while the wind fills the sails.
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This boat and crew were fabulous! We sailed, didn't use the motor at all:)
Chris and the crew were fun, helpful, funny, polite, and showed us a marvelous time.
Very relaxing, 1 and 1/2 hour cruise.

2  Thank blondenfun1
"castle hill"
"visiting newport"
"rhode island"

Reviewed July 6, 2010

My friends and I went on the Dark and Stormy tour on 4th of July. It was a nice time of day in the early evening. The sail boat is really nice. Drinks are only a $1, so some people do turn it into a booze cruise.

The sailing was great and it gives you a great view of the Harbor. BUT the captain does not wear a mic, so unless you sit by him you do not hear anything he says on a windy and crowded day. I inquired with one of the staff and she said it doesn't fit in with the boat to have people wear headphones... I have been on many tours and the captain always has a mic.

The girl did then stay with us and give us a nice tour of the Harbour. She was very knowledgeable and it made the experience better. Otherwise I would have just looked at the Mansions and not known who lived there or what the different areas were.

The sailing itself was wonderful!

2  Thank davismm
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My husband, two teenage boys and myself went on the Schooner Adirondack II - Dark and Stormy cruise of Newport Harbor last Saturday, June 26,2010. It was fabulous. The captain and his entire crew were very kind, knowledgeable of the area and accomodating. They made sure everyone had a drink of choice, water, soda, beer, wine or dark & stormy. They gave everyone blankets when it got a little chilly and entertained us with stories of the sites of Newport Harbor as well as the Schooner. The boat was beautiful and comfortable, all sails raised was breathtaking and everyone was able to relax and enjoy their time on the water. I highly recommend if you are in Newport.

3  Thank mombradley
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Our family took a sunset sail with the Adirondack II ,out of Key West Florida, and it could be the most fun I've ever had in my whole life. It was a little windy that evening so we went out into the waves and I had a permanent smile on my face for hours afterwards. It started with $1 drinks, shrimp and a cheese platter.
We had several ships to choose from and thank goodness we picked these guys. We blasted past all the others as the cameras flashed on us. I hope to ride again someday.
If you miss out on this, you made a huge mistake.
20,000,000 thumbs up!!!!!! Love, The Eckhart Family, Cedaredge, Colorado