“Wonderful Hotel!”
Review of Grace Vanderbilt

Grace Vanderbilt
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed only one night, but wish we could have stayed longer! The Vanderbilt Grace has a great location. We had a lovely view from our room, which was very well appointed and very comfortable. The staff members were all very helpful and polite. A small, but very good breakfast was included with the price of our room, which was served in a charming room called the Conservatory. The hotel is also historically interesting as it was once a Newport mansion built by Alfred Vanderbilt, which was converted to the hotel. There are many historical photographs throughout the hotel and wonderful art reflective of the period. I highly recommend the Vanderbilt Grace.

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in one of the least expensive rooms on an upper floor, which overlooked the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife stayed here for 2 nights right after Hurricane Sandy. We were supposed to stay 3 nights, but had to cancel the first night because of the weather. I'm glad the hotel waived the cancellation fee due to the hurricane.

Pros:
- friendly staff
- small gym, but well equipped with a nice pool
- the included continental breakfast is decent
- the rooms are spacious and clean
- convenient location

Cons:
- the level of luxury at the hotel doesn't match the room price
- the parking is free starting Nov 1. My stay was from 10/31 to 11/1. Givn the hotel was empty during my stay, I wish they just waived the fee, which is only $18. Seems petty on their part.
- bed was softer than I'd prefer
- room was a bit warm even though it was chilly out. The AC was burdensome (a bit loud and goes on constantly to keep a certain temp)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Victor N
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at the Vanderbilt Grace this weekend as an anniversary treat from our children. The hotel is just lovely and the staff was very professional and really aimed to please. Would certainly recommend this hotel and hope to go there again. The only negative was the smallness of the room for the price. The bed was very very comfortable and all the extras top notch, alittle more space would have made it perfect.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

+Beautiful building
+Great decoration inside
+Large & luxurious rooms
+Staff was very polite and helpful
+Very central
+Free wifi
+Champagne when you arrive
+Delicious breakfast
-Expensive parking
It was the perfect place to stay for a romantic gateway with my girlfriend!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had a corporate meeting here on 10/12 and it was very nice. The staff, the accommodations, food and location were all excellent. I don't know the cost but from what heard it was comparable to a Marriott or other similar choice, but so much nicer. I would certainly go back on either a business or personal trip, the rooms were bigger than my first apartment!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great location to the Wharf.
Rooms are beautifully decorated, generous in size. Top quality toiletries.
roof deck has an amazing view of the harbor. other common rooms have lovely fireplace
Staff is helpful and courteous.
Breakfast was a bit of a letdown--no juice can be found until you request it even hot water for tea I
had to request which I find odd.
the restaurant inside the hotel--food is quite delicious except I find it way too salty for my taste.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not faces the parking lot because I did hear the sanitation truck early Th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank H D
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for a couple of nights in Oct 2012 and really enjoyed it. Luxuriously furnished rooms and generally excellent service - the only exception was at breakfast (included in our deal) where the buffet options were poor in comparison with the other hotels and inns we stayed in during 2 week long tour of New England and on both mornings we had to wait for plates to be replaced at the buffet before we could start. Only a minor issue, but disappointing given the high standards seen elsewhere in the hotel. Has a very central location, only a short walk to wharf and the main shopping and restaurant area. We would certainly return if back in Newport.