“Delicious Breakfast with a lot to choose from.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Corner Cafe
Ranked #3 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Bellmore, New York
“Delicious Breakfast with a lot to choose from.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

My father and I went to the Corner Cafe in order to grab something to eat. The atmosphere was comfortable, and quirky. We sat at a corner table with lots of pillows on the benches and we got pancakes, the sweet bread french toast and an awesome dish with shrimp, spinach and Hollandaise sauce. I am normally not a breakfast person, but I would eat here again in a heartbeat.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

New Haven, Connecticut
“Not accommodating of food allergies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Truly disappointing experience all around. Called in advance about a large party and were told to come over and it wouldn't be long. Waited long after everyone else was seated for the room in the back, which was stifling and airless. Could not get the manager to understand our simple food allergy question at all. Couldn't get the music turned down to have a conversation. Couldn't get any silverware until the third time we asked. And when the food finally came, it was disappointing. Not ordinarily a complainer, but really missed what all the raves were about here.

Visited May 2014
Brooklyn, NY
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Blah....nice atmosphere, but tasteless food and horrible service. Don't know what the hype is about, but it's not worth it. I'd be happier if I went to dunkin donuts.

Massachusetts
“Yummy Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We visited this restaurant for breakfast after I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and I'm so glad I did. We did have to wait for about 20 minutes, as the reviews said you might, but the wait time was very accurate. We didn't have to wait too long for our food (and the restaurant was very busy, so they really hustled to get it out) and it was hot and delicious! The staff was very friendly and were great about helping each other out. I love little restaurants like these that you would never know about unless you checked on Trip Advisor and I will definitely go back there when I return to Newport!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank CountyCorkIreland
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Cute corner spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Single stroller friendly, but not double stroller. Very cute décor. We were probably the only ones who did not have a bottle of wine in hand upon arrival, but still felt good to be there. Food was excellent - I had the Wootens Sweetbread French Toast with maple syrup and a side of red potatoes - y u m m y! Great place to people watch or enjoy a glass of wine.

Visited May 2014