“Best Breakfast in Town”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
New Jersey
“Best Breakfast in Town”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stopping here for breakfast is a fantastic start to any day in Newport. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, the staff is pleasant, and the food is both delicious and reasonably priced. What's not to love?

Even the basic menu items, like home fries and toast, were better than average. They offer sourdough toast which I love and the home fried potatoes had a delicious unique spice on them. The portions were large for the price that you pay but not overly stuffing, and the menu offered a decent variety. Glancing through the lunch menu it definitely looked appetizing, but we only had the chance to stop in for breakfast. I'm not at all surprised the Corner Cafe ranks so high.

• Visited December 2013

San Diego, California
“Too Good To Be True”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Corner Cafe with a bunch of military wives for a luncheon. I ordered the shrimp roller or wrap.. I forgot the exact name of it, but I was very pleased! The flavors in the wrap was something I've never experienced. Other ladies had the French toast, turkey sandwiches, etc. and they all seemed very pleased. What I loved most about the restaurant was the atmosphere. It was cozy, comfortable, and quiet enough to talk to other people without yelling. I really enjoyed my experience there.

Warwick, Rhode Island
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Enough interesting menu items
To satisfy anyone. Fairly small space but seating is not uncomfortably close. Staff is friendly and efficient. Prices are reasonable. My wife had stuffed French toast and I had an omelet with apples, nuts and sausage. Seemed like an odd combination but I liked it. Some interesting juice combo drinks. Unlimited coffee.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent breakfast - w/ the standards along with unique items”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

A warm, inviting place, with a wide-ranging menu of tasty breakfast treats. I was in the mood for something like Eggs Benedict, but different. While they did have Eggs Benedict, they also had a tasty dish called Ovos Acores, served with chourico, cheese, and hollandaise - sumptuous and very filling (perfect for a cool November morning). I'll definitely be going back next time I'm in town.

Visited November 2013
“Great spot for breakfast, especially if you sleep late!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

M husband and I are visiting Newport, and its always my job to find the great restaurants. I looked here on trip advisor and found this place. I called ahead and and was told they serve breakfast until 9 PM. Perfect. We went around 11 am and it was full but we were seated quickly. The decor is cute and cozy, and our server (perhaps the owner?) was cheery and welcoming. I got the whole wheat pancakes with fresh berries and yogurt. Yum! My husband got one of the breakfast specials and his was great too. It was an easy walk from long wharf, and its near cute shops you can check out after you eat.

• Visited November 2013